Learn more about applying for California Arts Council grants with these resources.
Current Grant Programs
Applications are now open for Cycle B of our 2022 grant program season.
Visit our Grant Programs webpage for a list of our current and past grant opportunities.
Webinars & Videos
2022 Grants Overview Webinar – Cycle A
Click here to watch
Presentation slides (PDF) (en Español)
Learn how to apply for your state arts funding! Watch CAC Arts Program Specialists provide an overview of the California Arts Council’s seven grant opportunities for Cycle A, highlighting what’s new and noteworthy this year.
Why Race? A Learning Journey to Achieve Racial Equity
Click here to watch
Beginning with the 2021 grant season, applicant organizations are required to submit a racial equity statement. As the Arts Council has been evolving its own racial equity practices, the agency invites applicants to start, continue, or strengthen their racial equity practices as a part of the arts community. In October of 2020, the Arts Council offered a public webinar to share the history and background of the agency’s relationship with racial equity and to support a community-based learning practice. The recorded webinar is available online, in addition to various other racial equity learning resources for prospective applicants.
Grant Review Panels
Frequently Asked Questions
Grants Staff Contacts
View a directory of our Arts Program Specialists contact information at our grants staff contacts page.
- Please read the grant-specific guidelines, application instructions, and Frequently Asked Questions before contacting staff.
- Due to a very high volume of inquiries, there may be a delay in our response.
- Please note: staff assistance is not available after 5:00 p.m. on the day of a grant deadline.
- SmartSimple – Online Application Portal (link)
- Online Application Portal – Registration Instructions (PDF): Details on how to register for our online application portal.
- Ranking Guide (PDF): The ranking system used by CAC peer review panelists. (Spanish version)
- Fiscal Sponsor Policy (PDF): Fiscal Sponsors are accepted in some CAC grant programs for applicant organizations without federal tax-exempt status. (Spanish version)
- Fiscal Sponsor Letter of Agreement (Word document) – A letter template for applicant organizations using fiscal sponsors.
- What We Do Not Fund (PDF): Arts Council grant funds to organizations may not be used for the purposes or items listed in this document. (Spanish version)
- In-Kind Contributions Information (PDF): Information on eligible in-kind contributions for grant programs requiring a funding match. (Spanish version)
- Definition of a Signature (PDF): Acceptable forms of validation for required signed documentation.