Learn more about applying for California Arts Council grants with these resources.
Current Grant Programs
Webinars & Videos
2021 Grants Overview Webinar
Click here to watch (English Audio)
Click here to watch (Spanish Audio)
Learn how to apply for state arts funding! In this webinar, members of our programs team provide an overview of the California Arts Council’s six grant opportunities for 2021, highlighting what’s new and noteworthy this year.
Why Race? A Learning Journey to Achieve Racial Equity
Click here to watch
New for the 2021 grant season, applicant organizations are required to submit a racial equity statement. As the Arts Council has been evolving its own racial equity practices, the agency invites applicants to start, continue, or strengthen their racial equity practices as a part of the arts community. In October, the Arts Council offered a public webinar to share the history and background of the agency’s relationship with racial equity and to support a community-based learning practice. The recorded webinar is available online as a resource for prospective applicants.
Frequently Asked Questions
Grants Staff Contacts
View a directory of our Arts Program Specialists contact information at our grants staff contacts page.
- Please read the grant-specific guidelines, application instructions, and Frequently Asked Questions before contacting staff.
- Due to a very high volume of inquiries, there may be a delay in our response.
- Please note: staff assistance is not available after 5:00 p.m. on the day of a grant deadline.
- Online Application Portal – Registration Instructions (PDF): Details on how to register for our online application portal.
- 2021 Ranking Guide (PDF): The ranking system used by CAC peer review panelists. (Spanish version)
- 2021 Fiscal Sponsor Policy (PDF): Fiscal Sponsors are accepted in some CAC grant programs for applicant organizations without federal tax-exempt status. (Spanish version)
- 2021 What We Do Not Fund (PDF): Arts Council grant funds to organizations may not be used for the purposes or items listed in this document. (Spanish version)
- 2021 In-Kind Contributions Information (PDF): Information on eligible in-kind contributions for grant programs requiring a funding match. (Spanish version)