DREAM is California's newest arts and culture magazine, published by the California Arts Council.
The annual publication features voices and stories from across the state, sharing a glimpse into the depth of impact of creativity and cultural expression in a region as large and diverse as California.
The premier issue of DREAM magazine explores what it means to dream, introducing artists and culture bearers from communities throughout the state.
Dive Into DREAM
Click here to view the current issue online.
Haga clic aquí para ver esta edición en español en línea.
Story by Story
To read and share individual stories, visit our DREAM featured page on Medium.
Para leer y compartir historias individuales, visite nuestra página destacada de DREAM en Medium.
DREAM first issue contributors:
- Phoebe Beasley, artist and past CAC Council member, Los Angeles
- Jack Forinash, Executive Director, Blue Sky Center, Cuyama Valley
- Cara Goger, Executive Director, Mariposa County Arts Council, Mariposa County
- Melorra Green and Melonie Green, Co-Directors, African American Art and Culture Complex, San Francisco
- Gabrielle Gopinath, Ink People Center for the Arts, Eureka
- Lenora Lee, Director, Lenora Lee Dance, San Francisco
- Nashormeh N.R. Lindo, artist, arts educator, and past CAC Council Chair, Oakland
- Nikiko Masumoto, artist and Co-Founder, Yonsei Memory Project, Del Rey
- Noé Montes, photographer and artist-in-residence, Blue Sky Center, Cuyama Valley
- Luis Antonio Pichardo, Founder and Executive Director of DSTL Arts, Los Angeles
- Clay Muwin River, Managing Director of the American Indian Council of Mariposa County and Miwumati Healing Center, Mariposa County
- Javier Salazar Rojas, artist, Tijuana, Mexico
- Terria Smith, Editor, News from Native California, Berkeley
Subscribe to DREAM magazine and receive your free copy of the first ever issue of DREAM in the mail, followed by subsequent yearly issues. (Please allow 1-2 weeks for your first issue’s arrival.)
DREAM is currently seeking contributors for future issues of the magazine. California individual artists, arts and culture organizations, and current grantees are encouraged to submit a nomination form for consideration.
California Arts Council
1300 I Street, Suite 930
Sacramento, CA 95814
A California State Agency
Gavin Newsom, Governor
Anne Bown-Crawford, Executive Director
Ayanna L. Kiburi, Deputy Director
DREAM Magazine Workgroup
Lariza Barcena, Kimberly Brown, Caitlin Fitzwater, Qiana Moore, Wendy Moran, Mariana Moscoso
Wendy Moran, Graphic Designer
Caitlin Fitzwater, Creative Direct0r
Kimberly Brown, Copy Editor
Copyright © 2021 by California Arts Council except where otherwise noted. All rights reserved. Reproduction or use, without written permission, of editorial or pictorial content is prohibited.
Engaging the Senses Foundation
Mona Abadir, CEO
Magazine printing and contributor honorariums are generously provided by Engaging the Senses Foundation.
The views and opinions expressed within the pages of DREAM magazine via articles and interviews are those of the contributors and interviewees and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the California Arts Council or of our partner, Engaging the Senses Foundation.
Individuals who do not use conventional print materials or require access to materials in languages other than English may contact the California Arts Council at 916-322-6555 or email email@example.com to obtain this publication in an alternate format or language.
Questions? Comments? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.