Sacramento, CA – California’s Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA), part of the Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development (GO-Biz), announced this week four new funding rounds for the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program following Governor Gavin Newsom signing into law a comprehensive package of immediate actions that speeds much-needed relief to individuals, families, and businesses suffering the most significant economic hardship due to COVID-19.
Guided by a principle of equity, the Program provides a crucial financial lifeline to traditionally underserved small businesses and nonprofits. In its first two funding rounds, the Program selected just over 40,000 small businesses and non-profits to receive approximately $500 million in grant funding.
The recently signed package provides $2.075 billion – a four-fold increase to that initial $500 million – for grants up to $25,000 for small businesses impacted by the pandemic. The new package also includes a $50 million allocation for nonprofit cultural institutions. Four competitive funding rounds will be conducted by CalOSBA’s selected intermediary, Lendistry.
NEW! Webinars and Technical Assistance
Learn more about the upcoming CA Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grants for nonprofit cultural institutions at a free webinar on Monday, March 15 at 2pm. Additional webinar dates may also be available.
Hosted by the California Association of Museums, Californians for the Arts, and California Association of Nonprofits, the webinar will explore the requirements, eligibility and tips for successful submissions.
Questions? Dedicated technical assistance, including office hours, FAQs, and application guidance is also available via the following links:
- Californians for the Arts: Relief Grant Program Assistance
- California Association of Museums: Relief Grant Program Assistance
- Cal Nonprofits
Additional information on the opportunity for nonprofit cultural institutions can be found at https://careliefgrant.com/arts-and-culture/ and below:
- Round 4 (nonprofit cultural institutions only): Tuesday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 23, 2021
- Eligible applicants: Only nonprofit cultural institutions with any revenue size that meet eligibility criteria found at https://careliefgrant.com/arts-and-culture/
- Eligible grant award: $5,000 – $25,000
- Details: Eligible nonprofit cultural institutions must complete a new application even if they already applied in Rounds 1 and 2; grants will only be available to nonprofit cultural institutions that did not receive funding in Rounds 1, 2 or 3; grants will be prioritized based on the documented percentage revenue declines based on a reporting period comparing Q2 and Q3 of 2020 versus Q2 and Q3 of 2019
Visit https://careliefgrant.com/arts-and-culture/ to learn more and to apply from Tuesday, March 16 through Tuesday, March 23, 2021.