Filmmaker Services Program Associate
The Jewish Film Institute (JFI) is the premier curatorial voice for Jewish film and
media, and a leading arts and culture organization in the Bay Area. As the
presenter of the world-renowned San Francisco Jewish Film Festival, the world’s
first and largest Jewish film festival, JFI champions bold films and filmmakers
that expand and evolve the Jewish story for audiences everywhere. In addition
to its signature summer Festival, the Jewish Film Institute presents year-round
live events in the San Francisco Bay Area and online content initiatives, including
JFI On-Demand and free Monthly Online Shorts. JFI has a robust support
program for filmmakers working with Jewish themes through its Filmmaker in
Residence program and Completion Grant program.
The Jewish Film Institute is seeking a reliable, resourceful, and self-reliant team
member to provide administrative and communications support to the Director
of Filmmaker Services. This position is primarily virtual but requires regular in
person meetings at the 9th Street Independent Media Center in San Francisco
and availability for additional hours during JFI’s San Francisco Jewish Film
Festival in July and August.
This position is a great opportunity to learn about non-profit arts administration
and the programming, funding, and artist support side of independent
filmmaking. The right person will receive useful training and have opportunities
to take on additional responsibilities. Good communication, organization, and
collaboration skills are a must.
This is a part time, non-exempt position for 6 months. 5-10 hours a week.
$20/hr. Hours are flexible.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Filmmaker Services Assistant reports to and supports the Director of
Filmmaker Services with administrative and communications tasks, including
email communications, database management, and scheduling. Basic video
editing skills a plus.
Other duties & responsibilities include:
● Assist the Director of Filmmaker Services with administration of JFI’s
Filmmakers in Residence program and Completion Grant program.
● Maintain calendars and mailing lists. (via Google & AirTable)
● Edit & update residency program website.
● Maintain an archive of materials, agreements, and video for previous
● Monitor Google Alerts for JFI’s supported films.
● Manage Filmmaker Services mail merges.
● Take notes at meetings.
● Proofread important FMS documents.
Required Skills & Abilities:
● Mac fluency and working knowledge of MS Office and Google programs.
● Accurate data input skills / Strong attention to detail.
● Strong communication and writing skills.
● Ability to work well, both independently and with a diverse staff.
● Robust organizational skills.
● Focused problem-solving (macro and micro attention).
● Basic website graphic design and video editing skills are a plus.
● Basic experience with Airtable is a plus, but not required.
● Curiosity & Open-minded.
● Flexibility & Fast learner.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Familiarity with the Jewish community is not required.
Interested? Please send your resume with a letter of interest to:
Please describe how your experience is a good match for JFI.
No phone calls, please.