Job Description: Facilities Manager
Muckenthaler Cultural Center
WORK SCHEDULE- Full Time.
Reports to: Chief Programs Officer
The Facilities Manager is to assume responsibility for all maintenance issues for the Mansion, Classrooms,
Theater and Grounds.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES (Will include, but is not limited to, the following items):
• Light handyman work
• Find a specialized repairman for more complicated projects (plumber, electrician, etc.)
• Be a liaison the City for repairs under their contractual obligation
• Be a liaison with regular vendors like the weekly landscape company and the overnight janitors.
• Administer a small team of other part time personnel
• Schedule “wedding monitors” for weekend wedding events.
• Be the point of contact with Catering Company for wedding related facilities issues.
• Issue keys and security codes to employees working with contracted alarm company.
• Occasional deliveries in the local area.
• Order supplies
Computer skills: Smart Phone and Google Office
Outstanding oral and written English language skills. Spanish a plus
Excellent interpersonal skills, detail oriented, self-motivated
Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
Current California Driver’s license, valid auto insurance
Ability to effectively manage multiple complex functions and achieve goals and
Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously
Ability to work with a team
Keen observational skills
Please email your resume and cover letter to Janette@themuck.org.
This list of job elements, responsibilities, duties, requirements, or conditions is not exhaustive, but is merely the most
accurate list of the current job; and management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other
tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, changes in personnel,
workload, or technical development). A criminal background clearance, computer test, and Physical required upon
job offer. Applicants will either be vaccinated or will have to have a current negative COVID test within 72 hours before