The Mariposa County Arts Council is seeking a Programs and Project Manager to work closely with community/regional/state partners and stakeholders to facilitate the development and delivery of the organization’s youth, adult and public programming and community-centric creative placemaking and creative youth development projects and initiatives. This position will also lead the creation and implementation of a wide variety of standards aligned, sequential, rigorous K-12 arts education curriculum for the community. Alongside program development and delivery, community partnerships and audience/participant engagement, the Program and Project Manager will monitor quality control of all programs, work with other Arts Council staff on annual and multi-year strategies, and serve as outward facing liaison for the organization.
The ideal candidate will have strong operational awareness, stellar interpersonal skills, a demonstrated commitment to arts learning and engagement, and the ability to center partnerships and relationships, audience engagement and community care.
COMPENSATION: $23-28 per hour depending on experience
STATUS: Regular, Part Time
HOURS: 28-32 hours per week; nights and weekends as needed.
LOCATION: In-office (Mariposa, CA) and community sites (across Mariposa County). Eligible for some hybrid/remote work as determined in coordination with supervisor.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Manage and facilitate the Arts Council’s programming and creative placemaking projects, including: partnership engagement, planning, implementation, documentation and evaluation
- Support the organization’s team of teaching artists and serve as a teaching artist when needed
- Cultivate meaningful relationships and open communications with community/regional/state-level partnering organizations, teaching artists, artists, contractors and consultants, program participants and audience members, and the community at-large
- Serve as a key face of the Arts Council in the community.
- Stay current with and advise the Executive Director on innovative strategies, processes and approaches to achieve results through programmatic activities
- Develop and maintain accurate and compelling reporting and storytelling as it relates to programs and audience/community goals
- Assist with front facing aspects of the organization’s Membership program
- Represent the Arts Council at conferences, professional networking forums, field convenings, public presentations, trainings, and workshops
- Keen understanding of community centric programming and creative placemaking
- General experience working in an artistic field
- Ability to think programmatically, strategically, relationally
- Excellent track record working collaboratively with teams, partners, stakeholders, including planning, implementing and evaluating with an eye on contractual requirements, funder commitments and the organization’s own metrics for success and impact
- Proven experience with building and cultivating programs and community partnerships
- Significant curriculum development and teaching experience
- Excellent communication (verbal and written)
- Confident with basic office and website design software and comfortable with graphic design and customer relationship management software
- Strict adherence to confidentiality policies
Send resume and cover letter by August 19, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Projects and Programs Manager”
ABOUT THE MARIPOSA COUNTY ARTS COUNCIL
The Mariposa County Arts Council, Inc. (Arts Council) serves as Mariposa County’s local arts agency and its designated State Local Partner to the California Arts Council. Our work is situated at the intersection of cultural and civic life and we work to support the social, cultural, ecological, and economic vitality of our community through the arts in the following ways:
- Produce and present artistic and cultural programming
- Provide and support rigorous and relevant arts learning (preK-12, adult education, creative aging, etc.)
- Engage in community development through creative placemaking and cultural projects, programs and policy as informed by community stakeholders
- Foster local, regional and statewide partnerships and collaboration
- Lead and promote arts advocacy efforts at the local, state, or national level
- Provide support to cultural organizations, artists, and creative initiatives
- Facilitate economic development efforts that support the creative economy through arts industries and creative placemaking
The Arts Council is an incorporated not-for-profit organization, created to promote and support all forms of the cultural arts, for all ages, throughout Mariposa County.
We believe that they arts contribute significantly to the vibrancy and health of Mariposa County, and our programs and the services we provide are designed to benefit our community in the following ways:
- Utilize the arts as an equalizer that can create a level playing field where underrepresented voices can be heard, amplified and engaged
- Foster awareness of the wide range of artistic voices and media offering different lenses of interpretation for our community, environment and world
- Contribute to the health of all people by engaging them in the creation and appreciation of art
- Leverage the many positive facets of art for constructive community engagement, civic dialogue, environmental preservation, and social change
- Act as a conduit to better connect the community of Mariposa to issues, movements and opportunities beyond its boundaries
- Serve the diverse interests of residents living in and around Mariposa County
- Positively increase the visibility of Mariposa
- Provide opportunities for collaboration among individuals, organizations, businesses and civic leaders in Mariposa and beyond
- Support the local economy
RACIAL EQUITY STATEMENT
The Arts Council endeavors to grow an inclusive organization and creative culture in Mariposa buoyed by multiple perspectives, prioritizing equity and strengthening our ability to see each other more clearly. Therefore, we:
- Actively commit ourselves to the just and fair inclusion of all people into a society in which all can participate, prosper and reach their full potential, celebrating the complexity and strength that equity brings to every facet of life in Mariposa County
- Embrace the work of confronting and addressing systemic inequities, historic oppression and racism seeded throughout our social, cultural, environmental and economic landscape
- Recognize the power of representation and honor our community by welcoming people from all backgrounds and life experiences to our leadership table, partnership network, staff family and community of program participants and audience members
- Proceed guided by kindness, honesty, grace, openness, generosity, humility, and inclusivity.
The Mariposa County Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, ability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, military status, veteran status or any other status protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Our policy reflects and affirms the Mariposa County Arts Council’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.