POSITION OVERVIEW Destiny Arts Center is seeking a part-time Marketing Manager to join a community of talented professionals dedicated to the power of the arts to transform the lives of young people, families, and communities. Destiny Arts Center’s mission is to inspire and ignite social change through the arts.
For over 30 years, Destiny has been committed to supporting young people as they develop their skills as artists, global citizens, and advocates for peace in their communities and beyond. Through dance and martial arts, young people learn to perform and express themselves, overcome challenges, and connect with others. Destiny partners with nearly 30 schools and organizations each year to bring programs to young people. At our North Oakland arts center, we offer sliding scale after-school, weekend, and summer programs. Our work is focused on creating safe and inclusive spaces for creative expression: welcoming and caring for every young person who joins us, providing opportunities to learn, grow, and heal, and using movement arts to forge meaningful transformation in our young people and collectively in our communities.
The primary responsibilities of Destiny Arts Center’s Marketing Manager are to grow and improve the public’s knowledge and understanding of Destiny’s programs and mission, to expand the organization’s visibility locally and nationally, and develop and realize methods to communicate with our current audience and build new ones.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Coordinate the overall marketing and communications strategy for institutional and programmatic marketing to ensure audience development, increased enrollment, fundraising initiatives, and promotion of artistic programming.
● Create/coordinate, and post content on all social channels, email communications, and physical mailings according to a schedule in collaboration with Destiny colleagues.
● Oversee branding and messaging consistency across all platforms and departments using style guide.
● Discover strategic partners for publicity and visibility.
● Work to develop and amplify youth voice in Destiny marketing materials and communications.
● Ensure the ongoing functionality of the website and that content is timely, accurate, and presented in accordance with best practices.
● Monitor performance of social media, web content, and campaigns and develop periodic performance reports including but not limited to website analytics, SEO, and social media analytics.
● Manage contract roles including but not limited to graphic design, website maintenance, public relations, as budget and activities allow
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
● Superb written and verbal communication skills, excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work well both independently and with others.
● Familiarity with digital content management including knowledge of file formats for diverse publication platforms. Adobe software or other tools for image and video editing is preferred.
● A compelling and persuasive writer, an effective copywriter with a strong understanding of organizational voice.
● Robust analytical skills, ability to track and synthesize data to measure the success of marketing campaigns and adapt strategies
● A commitment to the power of art as a vehicle for social change and youth empowerment.
● Excellent project management skills and comfortability managing multiple projects with different timelines
● Strong initiative and enthusiasm, and willingness to pitch in whenever needed.
● At least 2 years of experience in marketing or communications work in a professional environment with a preference for candidates with experience in social service, youth-focused, community health, and/or arts organizations.
APPLICATION PROCESS Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter by email to careers @destinyarts.org (include “Marketing Manager” in the subject line). Please note we will review applications on a rolling basis. The position will remain open until filled.