The City of San Ramon Parks & Community Services Department is seeking contracted Arts instructors to teach programs and classes in a variety of new Arts disciplines (including but not limited to: improv, music, digital media, ethnic dance, graphic design, photography, visual arts, clay, crafting, etc.) for classes for either youth or adults. Instructors are responsible for preparing and designing their class curriculum and work independently.
The class instruction would begin for the fall 2021 session (September-November).
San Ramon is a city in Contra Costa County, California, United States, located 34 miles east of San Francisco, and within the San Ramon Valley.
Please note all instructors are independent contractors and not considered City employees. This allows for a flexible class schedule determined by you. You can also set the number of classes you are interested in running and the price.
The City is predominantly looking for in-person programs but is also open to online/Zoom classes (please specify in your proposal).
· Atleast 1 year experience teaching Arts Classes and Programs
· Creative approach to class curriculum and ability to design unique arts programming
· Work well with the public and City staff – possess a commitment to diversity and proven ability to work effectively with persons of diverse backgrounds
· Ability to effectively manage a classroom of participants while following City standards and policies
· Time management skills and ability to respond to emails in a timely manner as well as make deadlines for submitting class information, schedules, etc. to the supervisor
· Positive and outgoing attitude, possess flexibility, and have a problem-solving mentality
· Must be able to assist with marketing programs as well as have the ability to recruit and retain students
If your program proposal is accepted, you will need to meet the below requirements. For detailed information on these requirements, please refer to Section IX of the Contract Instructor Manual.
Background Check (cost covered by City)
Form W-9 “Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification”
Commercial General Liability Insurance
Additional Insured Endorsement Certificate naming the City of San Ramon and its elected officials, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers
Workers’ Compensation (required only when Contract Instructor has employees), or No Employees Declaration Form
Mandated Reporting Training
Contracted Arts Instructors are paid on a fifty percent split, meaning instructors are compensated and receive fifty percent of the total tuition revenue from their program(s).
To submit a program proposal, please do so online at: http://www.sanramon.ca.gov/cms/one.aspx?portalId=10826130&pageId=11695527
All proposals will be reviewed by the Arts Coordinator.
Erika Valentine, Arts Coordinator
City of San Ramon Parks & Community Services Department