Chinese Culture Foundation of San Francisco (also known as Chinese Culture Center or CCC) is seeking an Development Associate, an energetic and passionate individual committed to supporting the arts and the underserved.
The Development Associate plays a vital role in supporting fundraising efforts and ensuring the financial sustainability of CCC. This position works closely with the Executive Director, Deputy Director and other team members to implement fundraising strategies, manage donor relationships, contribute to corporate strategy development, and support the overall success of the organization’s development initiatives.The Development Associate is responsible for supporting the planning, organizing, and implementation of CCC’s key fundraising initiatives including Contemporaries program, annual gala, VIP and special events. This position reports to the Executive Director.
Donor Relationship Management:
- Assist in cultivating and maintaining positive relationships with individual donors and members, corporate sponsors, foundations, and government agencies.
- Support donor stewardship activities, including acknowledgment letters, thank-you calls, and personalized communications.
Donor Database Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records in the organization’s donor database.
- Input donor information, track interactions and gifts, and generate reports as needed.
- Regularly review data for accuracy and integrity.
Fundraising Events Support:
- Collaborate with the programs team to plan, coordinate, and execute fundraising events, including annual gala, donor and VIP events with exhibitions, programs and other donor appreciation activities.
- Assist in invitations, event production, guest registration, and on-site event support.
Communications and Marketing:
- Lead in the development of fundraising materials, including sponsorship packets, appeal letters, brochures, and newsletters.
- Collaborate with the communications team to ensure consistent messaging across various platforms.
- Assist in maintaining the organization’s social media presence related to development activities.
Corporate Strategy Support:
- Assist the Executive Director in researching and identifying opportunities for corporate partnerships and sponsorships, and supporting with follow through.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of corporate fundraising strategies aligned with the organization’s goals and values.
Donor and Member Communications:
- Lead on drafting personalized communications to donors and members, including acknowledgment letters, updates, and impact reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of communications to maintain positive donor relationships.
Research and Prospect Identification:
- Conduct research to identify potential individual, corporate, and foundation prospects for fundraising purposes.
- Provide comprehensive background information and donor profiles to support cultivation strategies.
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Assist in analyzing fundraising data and generating regular reports to evaluate campaign progress, donor trends, and overall fundraising performance.
- Identify areas for improvement and make recommendations based on data insights.
- Collaborate with the administration team to reconcile donations, assist in budget monitoring, and support financial reporting related to development activities.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.Grant Research and Writing:
- Conduct research to identify potential grant opportunities aligned with the organization’s mission and programs as needed.
- Assist in writing persuasive grant proposals, applications, and letters of inquiry, ensuring compliance with guidelines and deadlines
Collaboration and Support:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including the executive team, board members, volunteers, and other staff members, to support development efforts.
- Provide general administrative support as needed.
Executive Director Support:
- Assist the Executive Director in organizing and coordinating Board of Directors meetings and events.
- Compile meeting agendas and prepare support materials.
- Ensure timely distribution of meeting materials to Board members.
- Coordinate meeting logistics, including room setup.
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director as needed.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (such as nonprofit management, arts administration, or communications). Relevant coursework or prior experience in fundraising is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in development or membership position in nonprofit setting
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge of art and culture.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with attention to detail and ability to tailor messages and styles to different audiences.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Proficiency in using donor databases and fundraising software. Experience with CRM systems (Salesforce) is a plus.
- Strong research skills, with the ability to gather and synthesize information effectively.
- Basic understanding of fundraising techniques and best practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and familiarity with design software is desirable.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to work independently when needed.
- Professionalism, integrity, and a commitment to maintaining donor confidentiality.
- Enthusiasm for learning and willingness to take on new challenges.
This is a regular full-time, non-exempt in person position. This position requires working from the San Francisco Chinatown office. Salary for this position is $52,000-$68,000 depending on experience.
Competitive compensation and benefits (include health insurance, 401K retirement plan with employer matching, paid time off and holidays), invitations to Bay Area arts and community events. Position is open until filled.
Submit letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Candidates invited to the interview process will need to provide 3 references. Interested applicants are encouraged to visit How I Keep Looking Up at CCC Visual Art Center and 41 Ross to learn more about CCC.