AMS Planning & Research Corp., a leading international consulting practice serving the arts, culture, and entertainment industries, is seeking a qualified professional for full-time employment as a Project Manager for its West Coast operations based in Sacramento.
The successful candidate will join a team of recognized thought leaders, professional management consultants, and researchers serving arts and culture organizations, service agencies, funders, and government entities across North America and, occasionally, around the world.
At AMS, we are committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion in our work environment and strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply.
AMS is seeking an individual who enjoys working with a diverse array of people, projects, and organizations and can manage multiple client relationships successfully. Successful applicants will be skilled collecting and analyzing data, examining its various implications, synthesizing, and effectively communicating key take-aways, as well as understanding financial reports such as audits, budget-to-actuals, profit and loss statements, and form 990s. They will also be versed in
survey development and analysis and various methods of community engagement, meeting facilitation, and research.
Essential Skills and Requirements for all Positions
– Background in the arts, entertainment, arts administration, or not-for-profit administration
– Experience in data collection and analysis
– Experience with data visualization and data storytelling
– Strong computing skills are needed, especially:
– Strong presentation, facilitation, and verbal communication skills
– Very strong writing skills and ability to develop narrative reports, summaries, memos, and presentations on tight deadlines
AMS’s client base is diverse, and ease of engagement across disciplines and cultures is important. An interest in learning, pursuing ground-breaking ideas, and engaging in new experiences is crucial to success.
Project Manager Responsibilities Include:
– Managing internal workflow, external client relationships, and project team and client communications, to ensure project success.
– Framing project key questions and guiding industry, market, and primary research design, delegating tasks to members of the project team as appropriate and monitoring results
– Synthesizing research inputs to address key questions and support project decision-making
– Establishing desired outcomes and leading meetings, workshops, and other client/sector-facing activities
Qualification requirements include:
• A minimum of at least three years of experience in consulting or management level employment with a producing or presenting organization, an arts service organization, an arts center or museum, or other arts or cultural organization
• Relevant experience with planning, facilitation, and project management
• Ability to manage team including peers, subordinates, and senior leaders
• An advanced degree in business or arts administration is advantageous, but not required.
Candidates will be required to provide samples of relevant work, as well as professional and personal references. Salary range is $75,000 – $85,000. Bonuses and excellent benefits are available. Travel to client locations is a part of this position. Hybrid and remote work options.
AMS Planning & Research Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
No phone calls, please.