TITLE: Operations Administrator
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
LOCATION: Los Angeles office (244 South San Pedro Street, Suite 401, Los Angeles, CA 90012) Operations Administrator will work remotely until it is safe to return to Los Angeles office
OPPORTUNITY TYPE: Full-time, Exempt position
COMPENSATION: $55,000 – $65,000 plus 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision plans. CCI offers a voluntary retirement plan and vacation time. During COVID-19’s shutdown, CCI offers $150 monthly phone/utilities stipend. When safe to travel to the Los Angeles office regularly again, CCI instead offers a $100 commuter subsidy.
The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) is a California nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in Los Angeles. Founded in 2001, the mission of CCI is to promote knowledge sharing, networking, and financial independence for individuals in the arts by providing business training, grants, and incubating innovative projects that create new program knowledge, tools, and practices for artists in the field, and conditions that contribute to realizing financial self-determination. Further information on CCI can be found at www.cciarts.org.
CCI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, disability, age, or any other protected status. We consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local laws.
The Operations Administrator works with the Managing Director to ensure that CCI’s operations run smoothly. This position offers the opportunity to participate in a broad range of operations as part of a professional, team-oriented small office. The Operations Administrator will play a hands-on role in CCI’s grantmaking and administration, working in close relationship with the Managing Director and supporting the President and CEO to carry out and manage the operational and administrative functions of CCI’s activities to ensure timeliness, effectiveness, and efficiency. The role involves administrative responsibility for ongoing operations of the organization including but not limited to research, compliance, and communications related to financial management and reporting, vendor management, file and records management, and business administration.
The position is located in CCI’s Los Angeles office and may require travel by personal or public transportation to CCI program sites around Los Angeles and other locations as the work dictates, and when safe to do so. Until then, this will be a remote position and travel will not be required. This position supports and reports directly to the Managing Director, and will work across all areas of CCI’s programs and operations, as assigned. This position description is subject to change at any time.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Supports the Managing Director on all aspects of CCI’s operations, including human resources, financial, grants management and payment, and business administration.
2. Oversees operational systems, processes, and infrastructure while looking for opportunities for improvement or revision.
3. Manages vendor relations.
4. Assists Managing Director in developing and implementing various strategic plans to improve and increase the efficiency of operations throughout the organization, including efforts related to company culture and employee wellness.
5. Responds to inquiries and questions in accordance with practices and policies with sensitivity, promptness, discretion, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality.
6. Uses sound judgement and discretion in working with board, staff, vendors, and consultants.
7. Supports staff members, especially the President and CEO, with scheduling, meetings, travel arrangements and itineraries, bookings, and reimbursements.
8. Manages maintaining office supply levels, and keeping the office clean and functioning smoothly.
9. Maintains CCI’s filing system, various databases, and records of applicant data, image assets, calendars, work plans, quotes, and office assets.
10. Manages office financial administration.
11. Creates and updates policies and procedures for the various record systems.
12. Handles internal office communications for flow of information for consistency among CCI’s offices.
3. Provides administrative and programmatic support throughout planning, preparation, implementation, and follow-up stages of CCI’s programs.
14. Conducts research and generates summaries for both operational and programmatic needs.
15. Manages setting and facilitating productive staff meetings.
16. Attends, supports, and participates in various CCI programs, as assigned.
17. Provides support on other responsibilities and projects, as assigned, and helps CCI fulfill its aspirational mission.
WHAT WE ARE SEEKING
● Motivated to work for CCI’s mission and to be a part of our projects and programs;
● Has a network and/or perspective of those underserved by the conventional arts and culture field;
● Experience in business administration, preferably in a non-profit or philanthropic foundation setting;
● Preference for experience in legal, accounting, human resources, or operations;
● Proficiency in financial and grants management systems (preferred, but not required, QuickBooks, Salesforce, or Submittable);
● Knows how to type and use Microsoft Windows Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (and preferred, but not required, working knowledge of Canva, CMS, HTML, Constant Contact, Wordpress, or Survey Monkey);
● Attention to detail and excellent organizational, time-management, and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team;
● Can communicate ideas effectively and accurately in both written and verbal forms;
● Solid judgment, analytic reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills;
● Impeccable integrity and trustworthiness, with an ability to handle sensitive information effectively and confidentially;
● Professional and emotional maturity that demonstrates warmth, dependability, responsiveness, initiative, flexibility, knowledge, credibility, and a good sense of humor;
● Ability to work well with diverse colleagues of various backgrounds, with varied personalities and work styles;
● Ability to interact effectively and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, grant seekers, grantees, board, and staff;
● Flexibility in approach and willingness to adapt when necessary;
● Curious and eager to learn (including participating in CCI’s ad hoc book group);
● Ability to lift up to 25lbs;
● Available for light travel, as assigned and when safe to do so; and
● Flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings to attend CCI supported programs, meetings, and events either virtually, or using personal or public transportation—when safe to resume travel— within a 50-mile radius of employee’s home office.
TO APPLY: Submit a current resume and cover letter describing your availability and interest in the position. Submit all items as separate attachments (PDF or Word) by email to: Lauren Bailey at email@example.com, with the Subject heading: “Operations Administrator.” Deadline to apply is January 29, 2021. At that time, CCI will reach out to qualified candidates to schedule an interview.