Full time; occasional evenings/weekends required.
Salary Range: $130,000–$150,000. Total compensation includes a generous benefits package with medical, dental, 403 (b), and paid time off (PTO)
OMA’s mission is to bring people together to explore the art and stories of Southern California artists. Our exhibition program is dynamic and contemporary, surprising visitors with fresh and exciting visual experiences on every visit.
OMA holds a unique place in the cultural landscape of San Diego County celebrating the regional arts community by showcasing a diversity of artists from Los Angeles to the Baja Peninsula. We champion alternative definitions of culture and showcase the best talent in the region. This diversity of artistic practice attracts audiences of all ages, interests, and economic backgrounds, giving expression to our vision of a community transformed by art.
Community building is part of the museum’s DNA. Through strong partnerships, OMA has developed award-winning arts-education programs that fill educational gaps to serve vulnerable youth in our community. OMA is committed to the idea that art is for everyone and makes the museum experience accessible by breaking down financial barriers and offering free admission to children and students, active military, and their immediate families. Over 60% of OMA visitors participate for free. Since it’s founding over 25 years ago, OMA continues to reflect Oceanside’s identity—a little edgy, willing to take risks, entrepreneurial, and professional without a capital P—along with our core institutional values: spirited, innovative, original, engaging, and inclusive.
OMA is in a growth phase and we need an individual who is interested in growing with us. We are looking for an inspired fundraising leader who is committed to creating the vision for an expanding development department.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position will maintain a leadership role in a growing organization and will interact directly with board members, staff, donors, members, industry professionals, and strategic partners. This position oversees the Development and Membership team, including our Membership Manager, Interim Development Associate, and will be responsible for creating and hiring the position of Development Manager. We raise more than fifty percent of our operating budget through contributed income and receive approximately $200K in annual grants.
We are currently conducting a feasibility study for an expansion project that will extend our campus to absorb and renovate the adjacent historic Fire Station 1 designed by Irving J. Gill. This is a great opportunity for someone ready to contribute to strategic decision-making, support the pending capital campaign, and be hands-on with the organization’s day-to-day fundraising needs. In this new role, you will have a chance to inform and execute fundraising strategies while authoring new ways to steward our constituents into lifelong supporters. If you are a business-minded individual who loves besting your own fundraising goals and enjoys an upbeat collaborative working environment, this is the position for you.
Knowledge and interest in the arts with an ability to thrive in a forward-thinking, entrepreneurial environment is absolutely necessary. We love making the museum a better place to work every day, and we want you to join us!
Job Type: Full-time salaried position, requires evenings and weekends.
· Salary – $130,000 – $150,000 DOE
· 10 paid vacation days per year, accrued from hire date plus
· 10 paid holidays plus 2 floating holidays.
· 10 paid sick days per year
· 403(b) Retirement account with employer match up to 3%
· Full suite of employee benefits and professional development by Insperity, Inc.
· 100% individual health insurance coverage of medical, dental, and vision (employee pays the difference between individual and dual, or family)
· Free Patron level membership including NARM and ROAM plus a 25% discount at the museum store
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead innovative high-level philanthropy efforts with an operating budget of $2.2M appealing to new and existing prospects and donors in the areas of individual giving, foundation giving, corporate sponsorship, and government support
· Develop and implement a Strategic Development Plan that anticipates future growth and exceeds the annual contributed income goal of $1.3M
· Identify and cultivate a diverse base of donors in accordance with our community engagement and Diversity Equity Accessibility and Inclusion goals.
· Ensure consistent fundraising-specific messaging across all marketing and membership campaigns to increase major gifts, planned gifts, annual appeals, and membership
· Expand sponsor opportunities for exhibitions, programs, and education
· Communicate regularly with the board and staff on active campaigns and post-event reporting and accounting
· Conduct site visits and donor tours, fulfill special requests for donor stewardship and achievement of strategic objectives of the Development Plan
· Oversee grant program with contracted grant writer
· In collaboration with the Events and Rentals Manager oversee the planning and execution of all fundraising events
· 7-15 years of successful fundraising experience for a non-profit
· Relationship management experience; able to develop rapport with individuals and groups from diverse sectors
· Demonstrated experience moving donors up the gift levels
· Experience managing a budget and tracking income
· Experience managing a team
· Dynamic public speaker (presenting, facilitating, training, or recruiting)
· High-level computer skills with Microsoft Office, Google Drive
· Effectively uses CRM databases for donor management and can train others to manage tracking and prospecting. Direct experience with Altru is a plus.
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oceanside Museum of Art (OMA) is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.