· Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanor with all Minnesota Street Project clients, staff, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for Art Services, as well as the overall Project; maintains excellent relationships with clientele, including collectors, galleries, institutions, consultants, and other arts professionals, ensuring industry-leading client satisfaction; ensures strong communication is facilitated and deadlines are continually met.
· Works in tandem with Project Managers to understand job scopes, strategically populating calendar and paperwork with all appropriate staffing, resources, timing, and job details (art handlers, vehicles, tools, materials, etc.), to maximized utilized efficiency.
· Collaborates with the Shipping Project Manager to schedule, calendar, and prepare shuttle bookings; generates maps, paperwork, and top sheets.
· Manages the schedules of all field team hourly employees to meet our business objectives; performs regular daily check-ins with the field and warehouse teams to gauge status updates and prepare for additional duties or redirection of tasks; manages all job add-ons; works in tandem with the Warehouse Coordinator to direct field teams ending jobs early to warehouse tasks, ensuring hourly employees consistently stay busy and on task.
· Outlines daily expectations of hourly employee field jobs by supplying pertinent information, including job scopes, timelines, and estimated costs produced by Project Managers; explains/clarifies overall job details and works to proactively resolve issues that may arise throughout the day; reviews calendar and paperwork at the end of each day to check for accuracy and ensure completeness; acts as point person for all necessary daily questions or comments from hourly employees, so that other departments can remain focused on time-sensitive operations.
· Communicates directly and often with clients to provide daily job updates and to redirect resources during scope changes, as well as gauge and meet daily satisfaction; engages select clients proactively to fill in utilization gaps when cancellations or consolidation opportunities occur.
· Acts as inter-departmental liaison and schedules non-billable works orders (facilities-related tasks, meetings, trainings, etc.), working to secure availability in a timely manner.
· Keeps the field team staff calendar banner up to date at all times in collaboration with the Field Team Manager.
· Sources and secures necessary job-related COIs, artwork authorizations, vehicle or machinery rentals, and the like.
· Attends weekly department meetings, as well as occasional programming events at 1275 Minnesota Street.
· Performs other related duties as required.
Reports to Head Project Manager
· Experience as an art handler, dispatcher, or equivalent in an art shipping organization, museum, or gallery; must have first-hand experience art handling, and expertise of best art handling/packing standards and materials.
· Preferred prior experience in a position overseeing resources and timelines.
· Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, effectively prioritize, and manage time efficiently, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
· Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy, and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written; highly organized; ability to work proactively and independently, as well as to take direction and collaborate with colleagues in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems and software, including Adobe and Microsoft Suites and Filemaker Pro; knowledgeable with the G Suite, and CRMs a plus.
Please email a single PDF that includes a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements with the subject line PROJECT_COORDINATOR_LAST NAME to email@example.com. No calls, please. We will respond only to applicants we intend to interview. Thank you for your interest in Minnesota Street Project Art Services.
Minnesota Street Project offers a competitive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, AD&D, Paid Time Off and Parental Leave, Retirement Savings, 401-k Plan, and Pre-Taxed Commuter and Childcare Benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Minnesota Street Project provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.