Hosfelt Gallery, a San Francisco contemporary art gallery founded in 1996 and representing international artists, seeks extremely organized and detail-oriented individual to execute the gallery’s digital initiatives and provide administrative support for all aspects of the gallery operations.
· Serve as Hosfelt Gallery’s front-of-house representative, answering phones and greeting and engaging with visitors
· Regularly create and post content on social media
· Update subscription platforms (Artsy, Artnet) and our website
· Design and schedule press release and magazine e-mail campaigns
· Prepare price lists and artist background materials for each new exhibition
· Maintain and update artist and image archives
· Assist with art fair preparations
· Prepare for opening receptions, weekly happy hours and other gallery events
· Provide day-to-day administrative support
The successful candidate will be:
· Warm, gracious, and welcoming to all visitors
· Skilled in written and oral communication
· Motivated by curiosity and a desire to learn and grow personally and professionally
· Thoroughly meticulous in completing assignments and managing deadlines
· A creative thinker who is excited by the opportunities for developing original content for social media posts and email campaigns
· Resourceful and adept at proactively identifying potential problems and trouble-shooting solutions
· A team player who can also work well independently
· Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and be fluent in Apple OS. Knowledge of and interest in contemporary art is required. Candidate must have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Photoshop, iMovie, and major social media platforms including Instagram. A BA in Art History, Arts Administration, or Museum Studies and prior experience at an arts organization is preferred. Knowledge of website management, marketing, photography and/or graphic design is a plus. Maintaining a tidy workspace is a must.
Position is full-time, Tuesday–Saturday, with occasional late hours for receptions.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.