We have a significant opportunity for an Operations and Admin Manager to join our team at CoTA (Collaborations: Teachers and Artists) to help build and sustain our work in arts education.
CoTA has been providing arts integration professional development for over 23 years. Our flagship Collaborations program leverages the talents of our incredible teaching artists, working directly with teachers and students in schools across the greater San Diego region. Our workshops, coaching, and institutes inspire teachers to leverage the arts and creativity to support students everywhere. We think the arts can change the world and are dedicated to supporting deep impact and meaningful change in the education ecosystem. Learn more at www.cotaprogram.org
We are looking for an organized and ambitious Operations and Admin Manager who will function as a central figure in our Admin Team. This person will have strong written and verbal communication skills, be excited to manage many different tasks at any given time, and lead with integrity, discretion, and passion for their work. They will be a forward thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Enter payroll in Paychex payroll system and communicate with the Executive Director to make sure payroll is submitted in a timely manner.
- Manage daily aspects of organization’s finances, including preparation of invoices, checks, receipts, maintaining up-to-date register and reviewing monthly bank statements.
- Assist ED with financial reporting, budget tracking, and cashflow oversight.
- Edit QuickBooks file and run reports, maintain monthly communication with contracted CPA.
- Monitor PayPal charges and refunds.
- Oversee organization online scheduling and shared calendars.
- Maintain and develop internal controls, policies, procedures.
- Prepare agendas and meeting documents as needed.
- Update and disseminate safety procedures as needed.
- Maintain paper and digital files.
- Oversee policy maintenance and timely payments of necessary insurance policies and other compliance documentation.
- Manage grants calendar, create entries and ensure timely notification of submission and reporting deadlines.
- Assist ED with research, preparation, and coordination of grant proposals and grant reports.
- Maintain digital grant files in SecuriSync and Salesforce.
- Oversee grant invoicing and reporting requirements for government and foundation grants.
- In collaboration with Marketing Team, participate in CoTA marketing and communications.
- Monitor user engagement through Google Analytics.
- Update website and social media channels as needed.
- Maintain Mailchimp audience and assist ED in sending newsletters through Mailchimp.
- Interface with external HR providers as requested.
- Oversee clearance process for working with schools/districts and make sure staff forms are current.
- Stay current on HR laws.
- Answer general HR inquires.
- Maintain employee and vendor files.
- Annually update employee handbook.
- Manage benefits, including health insurance, vacation and sick leave accrual, and 401K.
- Respond to Unemployment Insurance requests.
- Onboard new hires and offboard employees.
- Monitor employee leave of absence requests.
- Interface with external IT providers as requested.
- Manage the Google Workspace, including accounts, groups, templates, Voice, Photos, Drive, Jamboard, and Gmail.
- Administer the Salesforce database for fundraising and grants management.
- Administer Harvest timekeeping system.
- Administer SecuriSync file management system.
- Administer Microsoft 365 Family.
- Schedule and host Zoom meetings for staff and board meetings and CoTA programs, as needed.
- Use of other office software including but not limited to Doodle, SurveyMonkey, Adobe Creative Cloud, ESET anti-virus, and Apple iCloud.
- Assist with materials procurement including ordering, tracking, packaging, delivering and shipping of art supplies.
- Maintain art supply inventory for programming requirements.
- Provide technical support for virtual program offerings.
- Support programming as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Salary and Benefits
- $55,000 – $62,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience)
- Generous health insurance stipend through CalChoice
- 401k retirement plan, available from initial hire date
- Flexible work from home policy
- Paid vacation days (2 weeks per year) and sick leave accrual
How to Apply
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and a list of 3 references (names, position, relationship, and email address) to Connelly Meschen at email@example.com with the subject line “CoTA Operations and Admin Manager.”
CoTA is committed to cultivating and sustaining a culture of inclusion and collaboration. We grow our understanding and impact better together, with a diverse team of employees that reflects the community we serve. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that we invest in our work represents not only part of our culture, but our legacy and reputation. In recruiting for our team, we welcome unique contributions and strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- San Diego, CA; remote candidates will be considered
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis, beginning on Aug 25, 2021
- Anticipated start date: Oct 15, 2021
- Exempt, full-time position
Position reports to