Art Works Downtown, Inc, a 501(c)3 corporation, is Marin’s leading non-profit art center. Located on Fourth Street in San Rafael, our 40,000 square-foot building houses 4 galleries, 27 art studios, a restaurant, a jeweler’s guild, a frame shop, a clothing boutique, a ceramic center, 17 affordable apartments and more.
We are looking for a new member to join our team.
Art Works Downtown (AWD) conducts a large variety of programs under the management of a small number of staff. The Gallery Host position is a critical role on our team that allows the organization to expand our programming capabilities while welcoming guests and assisting with administrative and programing tasks.
This is a wonderful chance to join a friendly team and dynamic community gallery/art center.
The role reports to the Program Manager, but will also take direction and work collaboratively with the Executive Director.
Receptionist and Administrative Duties
• Be accountable for punctually opening and closing the administrative office and art center each day, ensuring the security of the facilities
• Provide general reception duties, greet and engage with all visitors to the art center
• Answer phone calls and general emails
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness and organization of Gallery 1337 and office
• Act as a general administrative support such as: processing letters, database tasks, phone calls, etc.
• Provide support to the visual arts program as needed
• Assist with the monthly 2nd Friday Art Walk event by staffing the office, welcoming guests, serving wine, and helping with food tables
• Facilitating the payments for sales of art works using Square payment processor and petty cash
Schedule and Rate of Pay
• Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays 12:30–8:30pm
• This is an hourly, non-exempt position with no benefits (aside from CA sick leave as required by law) and pays $18 per hour
• Great customer service skills and interest in engaging with the public in a friendly yet professional manner
• Adaptability and ability to multi-task and prioritize projects independently in a fast-paced environment
• Strong work ethic and a willingness to take initiative and pitch in whenever and wherever needed
• Strong professionalism and ability to keep confidentiality regarding Art Center documents and communications
• Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and written and oral communication skills
• Dependable, attention to detail, and ability to follow instructions are a must
• A pre-employment background check is required
• Basic proficiency in the Microsoft Office platform of programs is required, prior data entry and database management experience is a big plus.
• Given the need to serve alcohol at events, applicants must be 21 years or older
How to Apply
• Please send a resume and cover letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• We hope to hire this position as soon as possible. Art Works Downtown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• No Phone Calls Please