KADIST San Francisco: Gallery Associate (14 weeks, 11 hours per week)
KADIST San Francisco is seeking a highly motivated, positive, and personable person who wants to be part of an international contemporary art nonprofit organization. Reporting to the SF Director, the candidate will welcome visitors on Fridays and Saturdays and facilitate their visit and access to the Brazilian artist Jota Mombaça’s first U.S. exhibition, titled THE SINKING SHIP/PROSPERITY, which considers speculative memory, the dynamics of excess, and grieving time, and their connection to bodies of water.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Serve as a welcoming, inclusive, and professional representative of KADIST
• Act as the first point of contact for visitors to the KADIST gallery; greet and monitor the safety of visitors during gallery hours, using the reservation system
• Provide and organize in-person gallery tours contingent on Covid-19 restrictions
• Monitor security of artworks and equipment on display
• Provide periodic attendance and participation reports
• Support exhibition outreach
• Perform occasional administrative tasks across various departments
• Assist with occasional evening in-person events such as exhibition opening
• Personable, articulate, positive, and passionate about engaging with the public and the institution’s values
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
• Proactive and comfortable with communicating with external collaborators
• Knowledge of contemporary art—professional experience in the contemporary art field, education, studio art, art history, or related field is appreciated, but not required
The contractor position is to provide the above responsibilities for the KADIST gallery during normal hours on Fridays and Saturdays, 11:45 am-5:15 pm, October 14 through January 28, 2023 (we are closed from December 18, 2022 to January 2, 2023). Occasional evening hours, including an opening reception on October 27 and other in-person gallery events. The hours of the gallery are subject to change based on city guidelines and covid recommendations. The position is onsite at KADIST San Francisco, 3295 20th Street, San Francisco, CA 94110.
PPE will be provided to all staff and all people visiting the gallery based on current guidelines. KADIST San Francisco strictly follows all health and safety protocols as recommended by the CDC, and state and local governments.
Hourly rate: $18/hour, paid bi-weekly.
Please submit your resume and short cover letter to email@example.com by Sunday, September 25 at 11:59 pm. Please include “KADIST SF Gallery Associate” in the subject header. Interviews will take place the week of September 25. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.