Venice Arts seeks a part-time Program Assistant for our Media Arts Education programs. The Program Assistant works under the direction of the Program and Outreach Coordinator and responsibilities include:
GENERAL PROGRAM SUPPORT
● Handling reception during work hours, including answering phones, checking messages, and responding to enquiries responded to in a timely manner
● Assist with inventory, monthly, including office materials, supplies, and equipment, assuring these are stocked and available and preparing new orders for approval in a timely manner.
● Provide accurate and timely entry of all program data entry into Filemaker Pro, and any other database, as directed
● Check all student folders to assure that they are accurate and complete, prior to being filed
● Provide support for exhibit installation, deinstallation, receptions and other, as requested
YOUTH & FAMILY ENGAGEMENT
● Provide support for all facets of youth enrollment, including assisting with the registration of new and continuing families; collect fees from paying parents
VOLUNTEER ARTIST–MENTOR ENGAGEMENT
● Provide as-needed support for all facets of artist and mentor outreach, including such things as distributing outreach materials (flyers, online and social media posts, etc.), providing volunteer applications, and related activities
● Assure that teaching artists have the materials and equipment required, each week
● Do outreach and/or reminder calls to children for special field trips.
● Identify absences within the first 15 minutes of class, making follow-up calls to youth and/or families, as directed
● Monitor student attendance, communicating regular absences, or other concerns, to the Director of Education
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate must be extremely well–organized, detailed–oriented, and highly efficient. Prior experience working in an office setting managing multiple priorities, preferred. Must demonstrate ability to organize work in a calm and organized manner. Candidate must have excellent communications skills in English and Spanish, and be able to effectively respond to the needs of diverse people. Experience on the Macintosh platform and with Microsoft Office, required. Experience with database input and management a plus; Filemaker Pro experience a plus, as is experience with a range of arts software.
As this position interacts regularly with mono–lingual, Spanish–speaking families, candidates must be fully bilingual Spanish-English, bicultural preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
This is a non-exempt (hourly), part-time (20 hours per week) position, paying between $16-$17 an hour, depending on experience. Medical benefits, vacation and sick time accrual, commensurate with hours worked, provided after successful completion of the initial, 90-day period. Standard hours are Monday-Friday, 2pm-6pm; some Saturdays required. Must have a California Driver’s License in good standing.
To Apply: Send résumé with a cover letter highlighting relevant experience to email@example.com. Please indicate “Program Assistant” in subject line. Please: No phone enquiries or walk-ins. Portfolio, curricular, or other materials may be requested if an interview is scheduled.