U.S.Art Company seeks a qualified candidate for a Crating Manager position for our Compton, CA facilities. The ideal candidate must have wood working and computer skills. This position requires an understanding of the safe handling of fine art, proper packing methods, and an attention to detail. The successful candidate must be able to work independently in a fast paced team environment.
This is a salaried, full-time position (40+ hrs./week M-F) with additional hours as needed to meet client deadlines. Salary commensurate with experience.
· Must have 3-5 years of supervisory or management experience.
· Must be able to manage a team or work independently.
· Must be able to pass Security/Background checks.
· Must have working knowledge of all wood working machinery and techniques, including the safe operation of all woodworking equipment.
· Ability to operate a forklift and/or scissor lift a plus (w/forklift certification). Some heavy lifting required.
· 5 years experience performing a similar job
· Experience as an art handler and crater either at a museum or a fine art handling company preferred.
· High school diploma plus college education required.
· Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation
· Must be able to respond to work emergencies after hours.
· Computer skills required: email, word processing, excel, scanning.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Must be highly organized and able to work in collaboration with a management team.
The primary responsibility is to facilitate the construction of crates for the transport of fine art.
· Crating Manager reports to the General Manager and to the National Crating Manager.
· Data Entry is required as well as the ability to physically construct crates, estimating jobs using U.S.Art programs, entering payroll, completing timely reports, tracking supplies, ordering materials.
· Ensure Crate Shop is clean and maintained as a safe work environment.
· Facilities Management: Assist management team with general upkeep and routine maintenance of the facilities, supervising and working independently as scope of the project requires. Assist with tracking, maintenance and storage of materials, tools, and equipment necessary for the safe packing, handling, and movement of collections.
U.S.Art offers medical insurance, 401K Retirement Plan, and Profit Sharing.
Personal/Sick Days and Vacation Days.
To apply please submit a resume and cover letter detailing experience and interests to firstname.lastname@example.org