The InsideOut is an alternative art space located on 21st and I in midtown Sacramento. Consisting of three bay windows, the space is an extension of a ground floor apartment at the Flop Haus, a structural zeitgeist in the community. Since the entire space is viewed from the street, site-specific installations and projects have the potential to be viewed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The InsideOut promotes artistic collaboration, exploration and experimentation across a large spectrum of the art community.
Since The InsideOut is a not for profit art space, the focus will be on work that has no commercial viability. Artists retain all rights to their work and will receive an opportunity to experiment across disciplines, media, and personal boundaries in order to grow artistically and professionally. On the other hand, the public and greater community will have the chance to engage with art that takes risks, that looks at art for its possibilities not its conventions.
· Short introduction and motivation for your project.
· Project proposal: What ideas or issues are you interested in? What would you like to learn more about through your artistic investigation? Please provide no more than (5) images exploring your proposed visual ideas. These can be drawings, altered photos, video, etc. We encourage artists to take risks and to explore unfamiliar territory. Are their gaps in knowledge, of materials, of processes, or direction? Try to foresee possible issues and describe briefly how you will address them or use them to your advantage. Artists should also provide detailed information about how the work will be installed.
· Link to website if available.
· Digital images: Upload no more than 5 jpgs. Image size: 1024X768 Resolution: 72 ppi. Please label your files with your last name, initial of your first name, and sequential # of files i.e. MesbahM01, MesbahM02, etc.
· Video/Film, Computer-based Media, Time Arts, Electronic Art Installations, Web-sites, and Works in Sound: Videos can be uploaded to Dropbox or a Vimeo link can be provided.
Questions? Comments? Contact Mehran Mesbah: email@example.com