The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a dynamic, self-motivated, detail-oriented, flexible team player for the position of Payroll Manager. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible for overseeing and directing payroll procedures, including processing new hires, terminations, pay increases, and other payroll-related changes; ensuring accuracy of payroll data as well as reporting tied to payroll operations; collaborating with Finance and HR, managers, and employees to answer questions related to payroll and provide timely changes and updates; staying updated on changes to payroll tax law and wage and hour-related payroll laws. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
· Input/update employee payroll data relative to new employment, terminations, status changes, and benefits into the Human Resources Information System in a timely/accurate manner (e.g. tax withholding, garnishments, pay changes, direct deposit, benefit deduction changes).
· Manage payroll and timekeeping systems.
· Ensure compliance with relevant laws and policies.
· Collaborate with HR and Finance teams[SR1] on matters related to payroll.
· Work with employees and managers to resolve payroll issues and answer questions related to payroll.
· Resolve payroll errors in a timely manner.
· Cross-train finance staff to back up payroll.
· Work with finance team on account reconciliations related to payroll.
· Run payroll reports for the HR and finance teams.
· Work with auditors and other vendors on any reporting or data collection related to payroll.
· Prepare financial statements related to payroll data.
· Perform related duties as requested.
Qualifications, Experience, and Attributes
· 3+ years of experience managing payroll.
· Personal computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint as well as database programs and/or specific HRIS/payroll experience (ADP Workforce Now experience strongly preferred).
· Ability to establish and maintain complex and confidential files, records, and official documents.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality about employee information.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
· Willingness to commit to the philosophy and goals of the Skirball’s mission and vision.
Please send resumé and cover letter, preferably by email, to:
Re: Payroll Manager
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049