Skirball Cultural Center
Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
The Skirball Cultural Center seeks an enthusiastic and creative team player to serve as the Coordinator for the Communications and Marketing department, which is responsible for cultivating new and existing audiences via marketing and advertising, media relations, print and digital communications, social media, web content, and graphic design.
Starting pay: $19 per hour
· Assist in scheduling and preparing for meetings, including booking meetings in Microsoft Teams or Zoom, preparing agendas, taking notes, and creating presentations.
· Serve as primary coordinator of team projects, facilitating new requests, tracking deadlines, and sending reminders to internal stakeholders.
· Process and track vendor invoices and check requests; help vice president monitor and forecast budgets.
· Prepare contracts for consultants and vendors; route contracts for signature.
· Support designers with production, delivery, and distribution of print materials, such as flyers, postcards, signage, posters, and passes/coupons; serve as primary liaison with print and mail house vendors.
· Coordinate photo shoots on the Skirball campus, including helping to select and book photographers, compile shot lists, and obtain and archive photo releases. Participate actively in archiving and tagging photographs as required by the photo database system.
· Set up and maintain both hard copy and electronic files of documents, print publications, promotional items, and other materials; track inventory.
· Support vice president and PR consultants with media outreach efforts, including sending publicity images, archiving media clippings, escorting media, updating media database, and distributing press releases and media advisories.
· Support social media content collection, event coverage, and occasional posting to Skirball channels as needed
· Support community and grassroots outreach efforts, maintain outreach lists, and track engagement.
· Participate in market research and data collection, including audience testing of materials.
· Assist with wayfinding and promotional activities at both on-site and off-site events.
· Order office supplies.
· Perform all duties in accordance with the Skirball’s established mission and values.
· Undergraduate degree and/or 1–2 years of experience in an office setting.
· A keen appreciation for and understanding of the Skirball Cultural Center mission and philosophy.
· Passion for the field of communications and marketing with a desire to learn about and support various functions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, including copyediting and proofreading; familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style preferred
· Strong attention to detail and proven ability to organize tasks and resolve problems, exercise good judgment, take initiative, follow through, multitask, and manage a changing and varied workload. Flexibility in undertaking project assignments as needed.
· Team player with positive, professional demeanor; demonstrated success at working well with others and independently.
· High-level expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, Planner and database applications; experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Drupal, Mailchimp, and/or Survey Monkey a plus.
· Familiarity with communications and marketing concepts, processes, and tools, including social media, preferred.
· Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends.
Please send a resume and cover letter, preferably by email, to the address below.
Re: Coordinator, Communications and Marketing
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049