ODC is a ground-breaking contemporary arts institution: a world class dance company, a presenting
theater, and a dance school. Known nationally for its entrepreneurial savvy as well as artistic innovation,
the organization is unique for its fully integrated vision. Operating in San Francisco’s Mission District for
more than 50 years, our programs and activities contribute to San Francisco’s vibrant dance and arts
ecosystem, community development, arts education, and access to creative artmaking. ODC strives to
cultivate artists, inspire audiences, engage the community, and foster diversity and inclusion through
dance performance, training and mentorship.
Summary and Objectives of Role
The Front of House is responsible for overseeing all public areas of the theater during a performance or
event and ensuring the experience of each patron is enjoyable and safe. Shifts are scheduled as needed
and based on availability (approximately 10 hours/week). Candidates must be available to work nights,
weekends, with a flexible schedule.
Compensation / Nature of Role
• Earn free dance classes at the ODC Dance Commons
• Must be at least 21 years of age and eligible to work in the US.
• Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area and available to work on the ODC Campus at 351 Shotwell
Street, and 3153 17th Street in San Francisco as well as in other SF venues used by ODC for in-person
performances and activities.
• Demonstrable knowledge of ticket office procedures and filing systems.
• Superior customer service skills and the ability to deal with the public in a tactful,
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as required by schedule of
performances and special events.
Duties and Responsibilities
This position prefers demonstrable knowledge and skill in several areas including (1) high-level and
personable customer service; (2) familiarity with ticketing including digital; (3) experience with ushering
and front-of-house event management; and (4) familiarity with contemporary dance and performing arts
and audiences; (5) knowledge of vaccination verification procedures a plus.
• Greet the public providing routine information about and
performances and general information.
● Assist with vaccination verification of patrons.
• Report show activity including any problems that occurred, attendance, and lost-and-found to
Audience Services Coordinator
· Please email: HR@odc.dance & email@example.com the following:
· Cover Letter
· Please reference “Front of House” in the subject line.
This is at a non-profit organization. All applicants must be eligible to work in the US. Applicants of diverse
sexual orientations, gender expressions, and identities, people of color, and people with disabilities are
strongly encouraged to apply.
No phone calls, please.
Principals only. Recruiters; please don’t contact this job poster.
Please do not contact job posters about other services or products.