One of the longest established contemporary art galleries on the West Coast, L.A. Louver is seeking an Intern to lend general support to its team this summer.
This is an ideal role for a student or recent graduate who is interested in an entry-level or early career opportunity to learn more about overall art gallery operations. Candidates must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, be detail-oriented and thorough by nature, and possess excellent judgment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated Intern to assist on a number of different fronts:
– Front desk duties – answering phones, greeting and receiving visitors and vendors
– Basic administrative functions
– Database and contact maintenance
– Organizational projects
– Event support – managing RSVPs, vendor coordination, general day-of assistance
Candidates with particular interests or skills could also be called on to assist in the following areas:
– Writing & social media
– Research & archive
– Sales support
– Photography, videography and digital asset management
The preferred term of the internship is May – August 2022. The rate of pay is $16 per hour. Hours will not exceed 28 per week. However, the exact schedule and duration of the Summer Internship will be subject to the needs of the gallery and the candidate’s availability.
– Applicants must be currently enrolled in an academic program, or have recently graduated within one year.
– Proficiency with Mac OS X environment, MS Office Suite; Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Acrobat Pro) a plus
– To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– No phone calls, please. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly.