ABOUT THE GEFFEN PLAYHOUSE
The Geffen Playhouse is a non-profit, professional theater dedicated to enriching the cultural life of Los Angeles through plays and educational programs that inform, entertain, and inspire.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion Statement:
In recognition of the essential examination of systemic racism and injustices, we at the Geffen Playhouse commit to continued analysis and expansion of our own institutional practices in order to be part of the solution. Our vision for the Geffen is that people of all races, faiths, sexual orientations, abilities, genders, and backgrounds find it an easily accessible and highly relevant source of art that reflects the dynamic human experience and galvanizes a more equitable and vibrant community. In adopting this statement, we are amplifying our strategic and ongoing commitment to improving and increasing the cultural diversity, equity and inclusion of our audiences, staff, artists, board, and programming.
Geffen Playhouse is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator to support the organization’s fundraising strategy. Under supervision of the Chief Development Officer and the Director of Individual Giving, the Development Coordinator will assist in increasing fundraising, ensure proper processing of gifts, and perform data entry in support of the organization’s mission. The Development Coordinator will also take point on departmental administration, including the planning and execution of donor benefit fulfillment events and fundraising events, the timely processing of acknowledgements, and the management of annual donor listings.
· End-to-end processing of donations in Tessitura system, including accurate reporting of all donations and soft credits and monthly reconciliation with accounting department
· Ensure the timely acknowledgement and stewardship of donors with information captured in Tessitura, including program and website listings
· Coordinate ticketing, recording, fulfilment, and guest registration for donor benefit events and annual fundraisers including but not limited to: monthly behind-the-scenes tours, show-specific events, Living Room series events, Backstage at the Geffen, and others
· Support execution of the annual fundraising plan, which includes measurable goals, metrics, and specific strategies for expanding both levels and sources of support.
· Consistently use Tessitura, Classy, iWave, and other software critical to recording, researching, prospecting, and cultivating relationships and donations.
· Conversing with donors in the donor lounge during evening and weekend performances as needed, making sure to connect with each visiting party and creating a warm, congenial atmosphere
· Following up appropriately with donors on event attendance, pledge payment, campaign participation, and show attendance via phone, mail, and email
· Recording donor data in the donor database following the start of each performance
· Other duties as needed
SKILLS AND BACKGROUND
· Exceptional customer service, writing, and communications skills
· Possess strong attention to detail, and demonstrate excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
· High level of proficiency with fundraising databases/CRMs. Tessitura experience preferred.
· Comfortable working independently as well as in collaboration with a team and across departments
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
· 1-2 years of previous non-profit/fundraising experience preferred
· Ability to complete assigned tasks with accuracy and minimal direction
· Strong computer skills, data entry and Microsoft Office
· Ability to establish and maintain tracking systems.
The Geffen Playhouse aims to build a diverse and inclusive workplace, in which we strongly encourage non-conforming and historically excluded individuals to apply for any and all available positions, even if they don’t meet all listed requirements.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary range $60,000-$65,000 commensurate with experience. As a full-time employee this position is eligible to participate in benefit plans and programs, including paid vacation, group medical and life insurance, company paid holidays, and 401(k) retirement plan as well as other fringe benefits.
Geffen Playhouse provides eligible employees with paid sick leave benefits under California’s Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Families Act.
This position is full-time, non-exempt position with standard working hours of 10am – 6pm Monday-Friday, with weekend and evening availability as needed.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter, as well as three references in .pdf format at www.geffenplayhouse.org/apply. No phone calls, please.
The Geffen Playhouse, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Geffen Playhouse provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geffen Playhouse complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us via telephone at 310-208-6500 x148.