LOCATION: Bay Area office (Program Associate will work remotely until it is safe to return to
San Francisco office)
COMPENSATION: Full-time, Exempt position; $55,000 – $65,000 plus 100% employer-paid health, dental, and vision plans. CCI also offers a voluntary retirement plan and vacation time. During the COVID-19 shutdown, CCI will offer a monthly $150 phone/utilities stipend. When safe to travel to the San Francisco office regularly again, CCI will instead offer a $100 commuter subsidy.
The Center for Cultural Innovation (CCI) is a California nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization headquartered in Los Angeles. Founded in 2001, the mission of CCI is to promote knowledge sharing, networking, and financial independence for individuals in the arts by providing business training, grants, and incubating innovative projects that create new program knowledge, tools, and practices for artists in the field, and conditions that contribute to realizing financial self-determination. Further information on CCI can be found at www.cciarts.org.
CCI is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or preference, national origin, disability, age, or any other protected status. We consider qualified applicants in a manner consistent with federal, state, and local laws.
The Program Associate will provide support across CCI’s programs, ensuring their smooth operation and interplay. This position will be primarily responsible for supporting all stages of CCI’s programs (e.g. workshops, trainings, convenings and meetings, initiatives, and grant programs); supporting CCI’s transition to Salesforce and its successful integration with Submittable, CCI’s online grants management platform; maintaining grantee and applicant data, assets, and testimonials/quotes; representing CCI publicly; responding to requests for information across our email and online platforms; and performing administrative tasks including scheduling meetings and filing.
The position is located in CCI’s San Francisco office and may require travel by personal or public transportation to CCI program sites around the Bay Area and other locations as the work dictates and when safe to do so. Until then, this will be a remote position and travel will not be required. The Program Associate will support and report directly to the Program Director, and secondarily to the Program Officer, and will work across all areas of CCI’s programs, as assigned. This position description is subject to change at any time.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
1. Customer Service: Responds to inquiries and questions with sensitivity, promptness, discretion, and commitment to maintaining confidentiality, and forwards to appropriate staff.
2. Staff Support: Supports the Program Director, Program Officer, President & CEO, and other staff members.
3. Program Support: Provides programmatic support throughout planning, preparation, implementation, and follow-up stages of CCI’s programs.
4. Data Management: Manages CCI’s management systems (including Submittable) and supports CCI’s transition to Salesforce.
5. Assessment & Evaluation: Supports all aspects of assessment and evaluation work.
6. Meeting Participation: Attends meetings to take notes, tracks progress to ensure follow through by all participants, and follows up on resulting action items.
7. Report Generation: Helps generate content needed for reporting to various stakeholders.
8. Public-Facing Resources: Researches local, state, and national professional development opportunities
to update the online Calendar of Events and Service Provider Directory as a service to the arts field.
9. Communications: Designs promotional e-communications regarding CCI grants and other opportunities, and maintains press kits.
10. Social Media: Identifies and collects useful material to share on CCI’s various social media channels (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Medium), and generates reports on views as requested.
11. Website Updates: Updates and overseas CCI’s websites.
12. CCI Ambassador: Attends, supports, and participates in various CCI programs, events, and workshops, as assigned.
13. Office Management: Manages San Francisco office’s supplies, on-site book sales, and equipment, and keeps the office clean and functioning smoothly.
14. As Assigned: Supports other responsibilities and projects and helps CCI fulfill its aspirational mission.
WHAT WE’RE SEEKING
● Motivated to work for CCI’s mission and to be a part of our projects and programs;
● Has a network and/or perspective of those underserved by the conventional arts and culture field;
● Knowledgeable of Bay Area arts and culture ecosystem;
● Can communicate ideas effectively and accurately in both written and verbal forms;
● Attention to detail and excellent organizational, time-management, and project management skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and work independently as well as collaboratively as a member of a team;
● Proactive in ensuring that assigned programs are running on time and smoothly;
● Solid judgment, analytic reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills;
● Is self-aware (i.e. knows weaknesses, strengths, drivers, values, and impact on people) and can make judgments based on emotional intelligence;
● Has experience with Salesforce (preferred) or other CRM;
● Knows how to type and use Microsoft Windows Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (and preferred, but not required, working knowledge of Canva, HTML, Constant Contact, or Survey Monkey);
● Familiar with and able to use social media and digital publishing platforms, (and a plus, but not required, light design experience and experience using Adobe software);
● Ability to work well with diverse colleagues of various backgrounds, with varied personalities and work styles;
● Curious and eager to learn (including participating in CCI’s ad hoc book group);
● An artist, or has knowledge or experience working with artists, creative entrepreneurs, and cultural anchors;
● Ability to lift up to 25lbs;
● Available for light travel, as assigned and when safe to do so; and
● Flexibility to work weekends and/or evenings to attend CCI supported programs, meetings, and events either virtually, or using personal or public transportation—when safe to resume travel— within a 50-mile radius of employee’s home office.
Submit a current resume, writing sample (such as a report, article, or essay of 5 pages or less), and cover letter describing your availability and interest in the position. Submit all three items as separate attachments (PDF or Word) by email to: Laura Poppiti at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject heading: “Program Associate.” Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis. We will reach out to qualified candidates to schedule an interview.