POSITION: Stewardship Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Stewardship and Events Manager
WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 40 hours per week, 8 hours per day. Occasional evening and weekends required.
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, non-exempt; benefits eligible after 90 days.
COMPENSATION: $50,000-$53,500; DOE
Berkeley Repertory Theatre (Berkeley Rep) has grown from a storefront stage to an international leader in innovative theatre. Known for its ambition, relevance, and excellence, as well as its adventurous audience, the nonprofit has provided a welcoming home for emerging and established artists since 1968. Over 5.5 million people have enjoyed nearly 500 shows at Berkeley Rep, which have gone on to win six Tony Awards, seven Obie Awards, nine Drama Desk Awards, one Grammy Award, one Pulitzer Prize, and many other honors.
Berkeley Rep is seeking a full-time stewardship coordinator to join our development team. This entry level position supports Berkeley Rep’s efforts to attract and engage its donors through ongoing relationship management, with a particular focus on prospect research and donor stewardship. This position is great for someone looking to gain or expand their experience in nonprofit fundraising and administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Prospect research, tracking, and reporting:
- Using training and software provided by Berkeley Rep, conduct background research on prospective individual donors.
- Track donor prospect data and engagement in Berkeley Rep’s relational database, Tessitura.
- Support Board development efforts by tracking trustee recruitment efforts and providing research on trustee prospects.
- Maintain and optimize prospect and donor moves management systems in Tessitura in partnership with relationship managers.
- Create and maintain donor profiles in Tessitura; create and optimize profile reporting for donor meetings and events.
- Track major gift campaign prospects and donor development efforts.
- Create and maintain major gift campaign reporting.
- Support the development department’s reporting and analysis needs by generating reports, pulling lists for events and mailings, and building reporting dashboards in Tessitura.
- Maintain accurate donor recognition across platforms (signage, digital program, website, named spaces) and serve as the development department’s main point-of-contact for printed program books.
- Coordinate benefits fulfillment for major donors, including invitations to rehearsals and other behind-the-scenes opportunities.
- Help streamline and support benefits fulfillment for all donor giving levels.
- Coordinate the use of Berkeley Rep’s two donor lounges: order and maintain stock of food, drinks, and paper goods; provide guidelines and training to staff regarding room set up, service, and schedule; track costs; schedule event bookings.
- Support major donor team with solicitation mailings.
- Provide ticketing assistance to trustees and major donors during peak times.
- Engage with trustees and donors by phone, email, and at events.
- Provide event planning support, including managing RSVPs, attendee research, and creation of collateral materials.
- Provide day-of-event support including set-up, management, and execution of event day tasks.
- Provide logistical support for domestic and international donor theatre trips.
- Provide occasional administrative support to the development department and the director of development. Support includes scheduling department wide meetings, completing expense reports on behalf of the director of development, and light notetaking during department meetings.
- Assist with data entry and acknowledgements during peak times.
- Actively participate in workshops and trainings as requested, including harassment prevention, bystander intervention, and other equity, diversity, inclusion, and access initiatives.
- Other projects and duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and skills
- 1-2 years of professional and/or academic experience in non-profit development, administration, or customer service.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull 30 + pounds (or the average case of wine).
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel.
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to the Theatre’s valued supporters.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with efficiency and accuracy.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage projects and deadlines effectively.
- Resourcefulness and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and drive work with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Sensitivity to confidential information and demonstrated diplomacy.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a high degree of emotional intelligence and cultural competency.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and diverse office environment.
- Interest in and commitment to antiracism, equity, diversity, access, and inclusion.
- An appreciation for the performing arts.
- CRM/database experience a plus, particularly Tessitura.
Berkeley Rep is an equal opportunity employer and offers a full range of employee benefits including 85% employer-paid health and dental insurance, optional vision, FSA, and 403(b) plans, professional development support, paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
Position available immediately. Email submissions only. Please submit a cover letter and résumé to email@example.com with “stewardship coordinator” in the subject line. Persons from diverse backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls, faxes, or web links. Only complete submissions will be considered. Berkeley Rep currently has multiple employment opportunities available, qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to all positions of interest.