Reports to the Executive Director. Part time, 20/hours a week. This position may be combined with the
Communications and Membership Manager’s position (to create a full-time position) if the candidate has appropriate
skills and experience.
About the American Museum of Ceramic Art (AMOCA)
AMOCA’s mission is to champion the art, history, creation, and technology of ceramics through exhibitions,
collections, outreach, and studio programming.
Founded in 2001 and opened in September 2004, AMOCA is the largest museum in the United States devoted
exclusively to ceramic art and historic innovations in ceramic technology. A nonprofit organization, AMOCA’s
volunteer board of directors is responsible for policy, direction, and appointing the executive director. Its permanent
collection includes more than 10,000 works. The Museum’s 51,000 square foot facility supports exhibitions,
collections, a museum store, offices, educational areas, and a ceramics studio.
AMOCA is located in a downtown district where art is an important element of a continuing and successful community
revitalization program. The City of Pomona has a rich diversity and boasts a large academic constituency with The
Claremont Colleges, the University of La Verne, Western University of Health Sciences, and California State
Polytechnic University, Pomona, all within a five-mile radius. The Museum is located 35 miles east of downtown Los
The Museum Store and Guest Services Manager is responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Museum Store (40%)
● Design and maintain store displays.
● Manage online webstore and sales.
● Solicit consignment artists for the store.
● Formulate, organize, and supervise events and programs run through the store.
● Facilitate all customer transactions.
● Manage store Inventory.
Guest Services (40%)
● Serve as the front-line person to open the museum, answer phones, and greet and direct visitors.
● Primary person to facilitate ticket orders over the telephone, online, and in-person.
● Serve as “weekend manager”.
● Assist with mailings and event preparation as needed.
● Support events and receptions as needed.
● Other duties as assigned.
● Personal commitment to AMOCA’s mission, vision and values.
● Proven ability to think strategically and creatively.
● Attention to detail.
● Intellectual curiosity, maturity, discretion, and sound judgment.
● Ability to communicate in an articulate manner with diverse audiences.
● Proven ability to work independently and with a team, manage multiple concurrent projects, and meet deadlines.
● Sales experience and ability to speak to new people in person, online, and on the telephone.
● Experience with database management
● Outgoing positive attitude and sense of humor.
● Ability to flex time as required.
● Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
● Willing and able to lift 20 pounds.
The Museum Store and Guest Services Manager will work in general office and museum conditions. Responsibilities
will require evening and weekend hours consistent with the museum’s schedule of events. Weekly schedule includes
Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Salary: $20 per hour
Benefits include paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. AMOCA provides health insurance for employees who work 30+ hours per week (50% AMOCA/50% employee)
Please send resume and cover letter to Beth Ann Gerstein at firstname.lastname@example.org. The position will remain open
AMOCA is an equal opportunity employer and deeply values and is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion.