McEvoy Foundation for the Arts presents exhibitions and public programs that engage, expand and challenge themes in the McEvoy Family Collection.
McEvoy Arts’ Receptionist is a central player in a small, dynamic staff team. The ideal candidate is independent, mature, and comfortable working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced arts production environment. The Receptionist is the primary forward-facing position in the organization and works closely with visitors, supporters, senior staff, board, and key partners. This position reports to the operations manager while providing basic general assistance to other departments.
– Greet and receive visitors during gallery hours and events, using reservation system when active.
– Recruit, hire, train, and schedule gallery support staff as well as security when needed.
– Support and organize gallery tour schedule, when active.
– Support ticket and merchandise sales. Reconcile cash and credit card sales.
– Provide periodic attendance and tour participation reports.
– Support the care needs, safety, condition, and security of art works in the gallery.
– Occasional support for gallery events outside of public hours.
– Responsible for constituent database. Conduct contact research, enter and maintain information, and facilitate distribution of invitations and collect RSVPs.
– Conduct a variety of administrative tasks including organizing visitor travel; maintaining office calendar; answering the phone; responding to email and other general inquiries; shipping and receiving mail; managing departmental expenses and files; maintaining the office library; and ordering supplies.
– Provide basic research, copy-editing, and written support for departments as needed.
– Occasional light lifting of packages and furniture may be required.
– Assist with board meetings including scheduling, taking minutes, archiving documents, and ordering food.
– Two to four years of undergraduate education with at least two years of administrative experience in an office setting.
– Strong customer service and interpersonal skills and sensitivity to a range of social, economic, and cultural perspectives, histories, and experiences. Multilingual skills a plus.
– Proven organizational and time management as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
– Personable, well-spoken, and passionate about the institution and its values.
– Knowledge of contemporary art.
– Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and at least one contact database system (FileMaker preferred.).
Tuesday – Saturday, 9:30 am to 6 pm with occasional evening hours. The position is currently offered at full-time, 5 days/week. We will consider an 80% FTE as well.
Salary and Benefits
Commensurate with experience and qualifications. Excellent employee benefits include insurance for medical, dental, and vision services and employee retirement plan. Generous vacation and holiday leave.
McEvoy Arts strictly follows all health and safety protocols as recommended by the CDC, state, and local government.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Receptionist” in the subject header. We are accepting applications through November 30. Position open until filled. No phone calls, please.
Criminal Background Check
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
McEvoy Arts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive reconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.