The Research in the Arts grant program was developed in order to foster original research on the value and impact of the arts. In the pilot year of the program, the CAC will award 4-8 project grants of up to $50,000 to California-based scholars and research teams. At the end of the grant period, grantees will produce at least one article-length research paper ready for publication.
Research in the Arts
- Lead applicants must be non-profit, tax-exempt entities or units of government, including but not limited to institutions of higher learning. Applicants will take full responsibility for the administration of grant funds, but may partner with additional organizations to facilitate the project.
- Eligible projects may include individual scholars or teams of researchers, and must focus on the value and impact of the arts in dedicated artistic and/or interdisciplinary contexts.
- The use of fiscal sponsors is not allowed.
- Matching requirements for the program must be met.
applying• Grant Guidelines
• Application Instructions & Reference Materials
• Application Ranking Guide
All applicants to this program are required to complete a DataArts Cultural Data Profile (CDP) profile and submit a Funder Report along with their application. Access or create your account, and complete this part of your application at DataArts.
Guidelines & Application Available:
January 18, 2017
March 29, 2017, 5:00 PM
May 12, 2017
Grant Activity Period:
June 30, 2017 - June 30, 2018