A new pilot grant program, Cultural Pathways is rooted in the California Arts Council’s commitment to serving the needs of an increasingly demographically complex California, and the belief that a healthy arts ecosystem reflects contributions from all of California’s diverse populations. This program provides two years of operating support and a host of technical assistance and professional development activities to small and emerging organizations rooted in communities of color, recent immigrant and refugee communities, or tribal groups.
The Cultural Pathways program supports California-based arts programs rooted in communities of color, recent immigrant and refugee communities, or tribal groups.
Applicant organizations must be one of the following:
- Incorporated nonprofit arts organizations with 501(c)(3) status with an annual organizational budget of less than $150,000 for the last two completed fiscal years prior to the time of application.
- Unincorporated organizations such as artist groups and artist-led collectives led by California-based artists and arts administrators may apply using a fiscal sponsor.
- Non-arts nonprofit organizations such as community service organizations serving these communities and meeting all other eligibility requirements may apply with the following condition:
- Arts programming budget of less than $150,000 for the last two completed fiscal years prior to the time of application
- Current CAC grant recipients or organizations who have received CAC grant funding within the past three (3) years are ineligible to apply.
Strengthen the capacity of small, new and emerging arts organizations that serve and represent the diversity of California and to anchor the creative work of these organizations in the cultural landscape of the state. This program will nurture authentic and creative voices of all of California’s diverse communities and support a greater diversity of artists, organizations and communities in the state.
Develop the infrastructure of small, new and emerging arts and cultural organizations and provide significant professional development opportunities and technical assistance necessary to make transformational growth within organizations.
March 30, 2016, 5:00 PM
April 28-29, 2016
Grant activity period:
June 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017