The Local Impact (LI) program fosters equity, access, and opportunity by providing project and partnership support for small arts organizations reaching underserved communities. All projects must extend the reach of the arts to populations that have limited access to the arts.
The LI program supports California arts organizations serving underserved communities. All project activities must serve the specified underserved community.
Underserved includes inner city, low income, or rural communities, historically underserved ethnic and cultural communities, people with disabilities, etc. The term “rural” is defined in various ways: population density, population size, demographics, economic data or cultural identity.
- The applicant must be a California-based nonprofit arts organization with a budget of $1M or less.
- The organization must demonstrate a history of arts programming for a minimum of two years prior to the time of application. (Organizations, whose primary focus is a single event, or events held over the course of a single day or weekend per year, are not eligible to apply.)
- Use of Fiscal Sponsors allowed in this program.
- Projects that include multi-generational or life-long arts learning components may apply.
- School-site based arts education programs, or after-school or summer arts education programs serving PreK-12 students may not apply.
- LI Reference Application
- LI Application Ranking Guide
- Online Application instructions
- Apply Online
- Grant Writing Tips
All applicants to this program are required to complete a DataArts Cultural Data Profile (CDP) profile and submit a Funder Report along with their application. Access or create your account, and complete this part of your application at DataArts.
Guidelines & Application Available:
November 1, 2016
February 15, 2017
March 15-17, 2017
March 27-29, 2017
Grant Activity Period:
June 1, 2017 - May 31, 2018