The Local Impact (LI) program fosters equity, access, and opportunity by providing project and partnership support for small arts organizations reaching underserved communities. All projects must extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations that have limited access to the arts.
The LI program supports California arts organizations serving underserved communities. All project activities must serve the specified underserved community.
Underserved includes inner city, low income, or rural communities, historically underserved ethnic and cultural communities, people with disabilities, etc. The term “rural” is defined in various ways: population density, population size, demographics, economic data or cultural identity.
- The applicant must be a California-based nonprofit arts organization with a budget of $1M or less.
- The organization must demonstrate a history of arts programming for a minimum of two years prior to the time of application. (Organizations whose primary focus is a single event, or events held over the course of a single day or weekend per year, are not eligible to apply.)
- Use of Fiscal Sponsors allowed in this program.
- Online Application instructions
- Apply Online
- Reference Application
- Data Arts Cultural Data Project
Required! The California Arts Council requires all applicants to complete a profile through the Data Arts Cultural Data Project and submit a Funder Report along with their application. Complete this part of your submission at the Data Arts Cultural Data Project.
January 14, 2016
March 16, 2016, 5:00 PM
Panel 1 - May 11-13, 2016
Panel 2 - May 16-18, 2016
Grant activity period:
Late June 2016 to June 2017