The Local Impact (LI) program fosters equity, access, and opportunity by providing project and partnership support for small arts organizations reaching rural and underserved communities. All projects must extend the reach of the arts to underserved populations that have limited access to the arts. (Program formerly titled Creating Places of Vitality)
- Provide greater access to the arts for individuals, families and communities by reducing barriers to arts participation or exploring innovative strategies for new or increased participation.
- Activate community participants to develop and express their own creative and artistic abilities.
- Embed arts activities in community spaces or organizations such as libraries, parks, senior centers, teen centers, veterans’ service agencies or hospitals.
- Celebrate local artistic or culturally specific traditions.
- Utilize artists and creative projects to address specific community needs, encourage individuals to be active in shaping community life, or foster shared understanding between people.
• 2013-14 CPV Guidelines
California Cultural Data Project
Required! The California Arts Council requires all applicants to fill out a profile through the California Cultural Data Project and submit a Funder Report along with their application. Complete this part of your submission at the California Cultural Data Project.
January 24, 2014
March 7, 2014
Grant activity period:
June 2014 – May 31, 2015