Arts Jobs - DetailCoordinator, Youth Mediators in Schools (YMS)
California Lawyers for the Arts
Youth Mediators in Schools (YMS) Coordinator
Part time 2.5 days per week
$14,000 - $16,000
Youth Mediators in Schools (YMS) establishes school based peer mediation programs which provide training, support and coordination for the implementation of peer mediation centers in the Sacramento area middle schools. Students learn a peaceful and productive approach to resolving conflict with others as students develop strong communication, leadership and decision making skills which promote an improved school climate.
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Teaching experience or degree in Education, or teaching credential;
- Interest or experience in alternative dispute resolution;
- Detail oriented, self-starter, excellent time-management skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication,organizational, and computer skills;
- Ability to collaborate and conduct trainings in varying learning environments;
- Knowledge of Word and Excel
- Mandatory school security clearance, fingerprinting and TB testing;
- Must have your own vehicle, valid driver’s license, cell phone
- Additional on the job trainings to be completed include CLA Mediation Skills training and YMS teacher training
The YMS Coordinator will identify and recruit new middle schools; liaise with school administrators and site coordinators; prepare all training materials; lead peer mediation training for middle school students; lead monthly followup sessions in each school; collect monthly program data; build and strengthen positive relationships with students, site coordinators, school staff and administration.
Additional Duties Include:
Assistance with marketing efforts related to YMS and all CLA programs, participate in organizational fund raising events.
The YMS Coordinator is supervised directly by Vallene Hardman, the YMS Director, the Associate Director of CLA, and the Executive Director of CLA.
Address: 2015 J Street Suite 204