Arts Jobs - DetailMarketing and Communications Manager
Los Angeles Children's Chorus
MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Los Angeles Children’s Chorus
The Los Angeles Children’s Chorus (LACC), one of the nation’s premiere youth choirs, is seeking a highly organized, passionate and creative individual to help LACC define and build its marketing and communications strategies in support of the organization’s profile, engagement, and fund development.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is a full-time position, reporting to LACC’s Executive Director.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited to:
- Working with the artistic and administrative leadership and staff to establish annual strategic objectives and goals for marketing and communications
- Developing and implementing a marketing plan to promote the organization as a whole, and marketing initiatives specific to individual programs and events with their own unique and diverse target markets
- Creating a communications and public relations plan that establishes and enhances the organization’s profile, image, and position within the community
- Serving as primary staff liaison for LACC’s publicist – gathering and providing necessary information for press releases and interviews; making requests and providing staff feedback for press releases
- Developing and monitoring annual budget for marketing and communications
- Overseeing creative direction for all design, photography, and video production
- Designing high-quality marketing collateral for LACC programs and events
- Managing production and distribution of all the organization’s collateral materials, ensuring consistent messaging, appearance and presentation – PRINT: promotional and marketing collateral (e.g. brochures, ads, business cards, letterhead, flyers, postcards), merchandise (e.g. tour t-shirts, DVD covers, cards, buttons), and special events (e.g. invitations, programs, tribute ads, signage); DIGITAL: website, blog, monthly e-newsletter, online ads, and social media posts
- Managing website updates and edits
- Creating, issuing, and collecting marketing surveys; analyzing data to make strategic, well-informed decisions
- Manage relationships with vendors and freelancers specific to marketing and communications – printers, email-marketing services, photographers, videographers , etc.
- Attend and assist with LACC events
- Manage LACC box office
- Other relevant duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will be a motivated, responsible, and highly organized individual interested in rewarding and challenging work with a leading arts nonprofit.
- Expertise working in a marketing context with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media channels
- Experience with an email program such as Mailchimp or Constant Contact
- Experience in working with WordPress for web management and basic familiarity with html
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment with uncompromising attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team environment on departmental and organizational activities and initiatives with a positive attitude, including regular staff meetings
- Ability to use graphic design tools, such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
Other Job Requirements
- Minimum of a BA, ideally in business, marketing, public relations, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of professional experience, ideally in the nonprofit sector, with direct responsibility for marketing and communications
- Ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time; carry objects weighing 5-10 lbs; walk up and down 3 flights of stairs; and travel to off-site meetings as requested
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
- A passion for the arts, choral music, and music education is highly desirable.
Please send a one-page cover letter, including salary requirements, and resume to: email@example.com
This job posting will close on July 20, 2017. Prompt submission is strongly encouraged.
LACC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Address: 585 E Colorado Blvd