Arts Jobs - DetailBox Office & Development Manager
Cutting Ball Theater
San Francisco, CA
Seeking a Box Office & Development Manager at Cutting Ball Theater, a non-profit experimental theater in the Tenderloin District of San Francisco. A great entry-level position for those seeking a career in the performing arts or non-profit sector.
The Box Office & Development Manager position is part-time at $16/hour. Health insurance and accrued paid-vacation included plus ability to save pre-tax on transportation and retirement. Approximately 25 hours per week with flexible days. Some evenings and weekends required during show runs. Additional hours may be offered based on availability, performance and abilities.
- Provide superior customer service in operating the box office.
- Build and manage events within our ticketing software (OvationTix).
- Hire, train and oversee Box Office Agents.
- Process ticket sales, memberships and donations by telephone and online.
- Be available to work some show evenings and special events.
- Field calls and answer patrons’ questions, respond to concerns and requests for information.
- Patron reporting and analysis
- Banking deposits and bookkeeping of ticket sales and concessions (in Quickbooks).
- General administrative duties as assigned.
- Work with the Managing Director and Artistic Director on ongoing development efforts.
- Keep documentation of financial progress and involvement of donors.
- Create thank you letters for donors and mail in a timely manner.
- Collect and track incoming donations for campaigns and fundraising.
- Assist with the planning and execution of donor cultivation events.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Comfortable handling phone systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends as needed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous cash handling & reconciliation experience.
- Sales, customer service and/ or development background is a plus.
- Familiarity with OvationTix, Quickbooks, Google Docs, Excel strongly preferred.
- Must be a problem solver and have experience managing others.
- Previous customer service and/or live theatre box office experience required.
- Enjoyment and knowledge of theater a plus.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.