Arts Jobs - DetailDance Center Manager
Alonzo King LINES Ballet
San Francisco, CA
Alonzo King LINES Ballet seeks an experienced arts management and dance education professional to support and expand its Dance Center and Community Education Programs. The Dance Center Manager will work closely with the Dance Center and Community Education Director to drive and support programmatic growth, manage and strengthen the administrative systems and processes, strengthen marketing and strategic efforts and initiatives, and foster the sustainability of Dance Center activities. Together they will help the Dance Center to widen its doors and deepen its roots as an institution in San Francisco.
This position is an exciting opportunity for arts administration professional with a history of success and a passion for the accessibility of dance.
Reporting to the Dance Center and Community Education Director, the Dance Center Manager plays an important role in AKLB’s ability to offer accessibility to dance year-round to the Bay Area. As a key member of the Dance Center team, this position will manage major primary programs and initiatives scheduling, oversee Dance Center general operations and systems and strengthen and improve overall organization functionality. The Dance Center Manager will foster effective teamwork and communication within the Dance Center team and with faculty to foster strength and sustainability for AKLB’s largest community effort.
The Ideal Candidate
The Dance Center Manager has a deep understanding of dance and dance education in a community setting and complimentary administrative expertise. The ideal candidate will also have experience in program growth and development as well as in building/supporting revenue-driving initiatives in a non-profit setting. He or she has experience in marketing, social media management, contract management, payroll systems and support, financial tracking, complex schedule management, and event coordination. The ideal candidate enjoys and is excellent at project management, has a thorough understanding and knowledge of dance education trends, along with assessing and refining ongoing systems and processes.
- Oversee programmatic development and scheduling from core-classes to workshops and master classes and special events;
- Work closely with Dance Center and Community Education Programs Director and Marketing Department to drive major Dance Center marketing initiatives including e-communication, teacher/class support, social media management, advertising campaigns and other efforts;
- Develop and oversee all aspects of a new event series and engagement opportunities at the Dance Center;
- Support the Dance Center faculty through relationship building;
- Work closely with Dance Center team to manage administrative systems and processes including (but not limited to) contract management, payroll systems and procedures, internal communications systems, database management, interdepartmental data sharing, faculty communication, and more;
- Manage Dance Center support team and schedules;
- Interface with the Director of Finance and Operations to assure that we are compliant in all Human Resource policies in relation to overseeing and managing Independent Contractors and Part-time employees;
- Support contract development and tracking for faculty, renters, auditions, group visits, and outside partners;
- Oversee and refine Dance Center rental program and analysis of efficient space usage;
- Oversee major facility needs of the Dance Center;
- Overseen functioning of calendars and studio scheduling and interface with program directors for appropriate communication regarding space usage;
- Work closely with Dance Center and Community Education Director to revise and refine financial tracking and reconciliation systems as well as annual budget review and development;
- Maintain and report on metrics including attendance, fiscal analysis, registration
- Work closely with Dance Center and Community Education Director as well as interface with Director of Finance and Operations during the developmental phase of budgeting in order to fully support the overarching organizational budget;
- Responsible for cost analysis/projections for all proposed budgets;
- Track all Dance Center expenses and interface with Director of Finance regarding all reforecasts;
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for AKLB mission is essential
- 5-plus years of professional experience in a nonprofit organization, including demonstrated success in facility and/or program management
- Experience of managing a team of individuals and artists
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable style; a manager who can positively impact both strategic and tactical program development and systems
- Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also as a team player who will productively engage with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside AKLB
- Experience with MindBody© Online or Active.com or other comparable database/registration systems
- Experience in Constant Contact, InDesign and Social Media platforms a plus
- Bachelor's degree required
Must be able to work under pressure to meet organizational needs and other deadlines. Speaking and hearing are essential for communication, as is visual acuity essential for reading. Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs., be able to reach, bend, or stoop, and reach over the head. Flexion and extension of wrists and arms is required 20-60% of workday.
This position description does not promise or imply that the functions listed are the only duties to be performed or that the position may not change, or be eliminated. Management reserves the right to revise the responsibilities or to require other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
- Work Hours: 40+ hours per week
- Monday – Friday; evenings and weekends as required
Status: Full-time, exempt
Reports to: Dance Center and Community Education Director
Compensation: The salary for the position is competitive depending on the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
Benefits: Benefits include 100% medical, a 403b plan, unlimited dance classes, 9 paid holidays and a generous PTO policy.
To apply, applicants should send their resumes and cover letters describing their qualifications and interest to email@example.com by July 28, 2017. Please reference “AKLB Dance Center Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Alonzo King LINES Ballet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.