Arts Jobs - DetailChief Advancement Officer
San Francisco, CA
About SFFILM: SFFILM is the Bay Area's leading film culture institution, with a mission to champion the world's finest films and filmmakers through programs anchored in and inspired by the spirit and values of the San Francisco Bay Area. Presenter of the San Francisco International Film Festival, SFFILM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization delivering screenings and events to more than 100,000 film lovers, and media education programs to more than 10,000 students and teachers annually. In addition to its public-facing programs, SFFILM has a globally-recognized artist development program that supports the careers of independent filmmakers with grants, residencies and other creative development services.
SFFILM is a rapidly growing organization that recently celebrated its 60th anniversary by introducing a number of well-received new programs and high impact media initiatives while attracting a powerful new group of board members, sponsors and donors. The organization has also recently taken steps to significantly impact the film awards season and the pipeline of new talent entering the independent filmmaking world.
Reporting directly to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) will lead all development, business partnerships, marketing and communications. This position is both strategic and managerial, with a focus on uniting near-term revenue and engagement opportunities with mission-driven and brand-focused planning to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization. The ideal candidate will have least 10 years of relevant work experience in development, business partnerships, marketing and communications. That experience can be sequential or concurrent but must be deep and substantive with demonstrable success in both contributed and earned revenue focus areas. An individual with a passion for film and eagerness to join an entrepreneurially-minded nonprofit poised to become a significant national player in its field will find their skills engaged and opportunities for impact amplified.
- Leading a team of ten year-round staff, including three direct reports (Director of Individual Relations, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Director of Communications)
- Shaping the organization's overall development and communications plans, with an emphasis on an ongoing national new brand rollout
- Significantly increasing earned and contributed revenue, through effective team leadership as well as via hands-on cultivation and relationship management
- Leading efforts to improve systems and processes, and lead adoption practices that consider the workflow needs of the entire organization; specific deliverables are tied to the integration of SFFILM's website, customer/ticketing interface and CRM
- Leading efforts to build data-driven models for the job's focus areas, with particular specialization in setting parameters around customer data collection, interpretation and implementation strategies
- Leading efforts in support of the Board of Directors, including responsibility for all presentations to Board and as lead project manager for all Board work efforts
- Emphasizing and leading efforts to create a collaborative work environment across Advancement function areas and effectively communicate Advancement work efforts to other departments
- Standing in for the ED as needed, representing SFFILM at events, programs and other cultivation opportunities
Address: 39 Mesa st