Arts Jobs - DetailDonor Services Coordinator
San Francisco, CA
The Donor Services Coordinator (DSC) reports to the Senior Manager, Membership and plays a key role in planning and implementing SFJAZZ’s fundraising program by prioritizing Department work flow and providing information and analysis on both individual and institutional prospects and funding sources. The DSC manages administration of the Development Department’s portion of Tessitura CRM system, including gift entry and acknowledgement, solicitations, and reporting. The DSC works collegially with other members of the department as well as other staff across the organization to make sure department projects and objectives are achieved in an efficient and timely manner.
SFJAZZ is one of the world’s most popular and important presenters of jazz. The SFJAZZ Center is a beautiful and perfect stage for jazz artists and the community to celebrate the living American art form of jazz. The $64 million dollar Center launched in 2013 and the 34-year-old non-profit organization now crafts distinguished programming and education services from the heart of the San Francisco arts district.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES to comprise specific scope of work include:
- Using the Tessitura database and other software, develop and maintain record-keeping systems for all individual and institutional donors and prospects, including research, solicitation activities, contribution reports, and donor fulfillment.
- Compile ongoing analytic reports and provide research, data, and strategic recommendations to help identify funding prospects and measure the success of fundraising efforts.
- Produce regular and ad hoc gift reports for Development Department and other staff and board to track progress toward annual goal.
- Conduct income reconciliations with Finance Department for contributed revenue.
- Manage relationships with outside vendors and consultants in the execution of department mailings and communication projects.
- Work with Marketing Production Manager to manage cross-department timelines for organization wide mailings and communications; Provide oversight of production and execution of Development Department mailings.
- Oversee the upkeep of department procedures and policies.
- Recruit, supervise, and train Development volunteers and temporary staff.
- Provide Tessitura and other technical trainings to Development staff and volunteers; Ensure that Development staff follow database best practices and understand resources/tools available to the department.
- Serve as primary contact to information services staff and third-party consultants regarding all Tessitura-related customization and maintenance efforts; Lead software upgrades for Development Department; Track Development IT projects with staff and vendors.
- Work with Events Associate and other staff to build and track Development special events within Tessitura.
- Serve as customer service liaison for donor inquiries.
- Support Donor Services staff in of gift entry, acknowledgement, pledge billing, membership renewals, and general donor record upkeep as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
STATUS AND SCOPE:
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Tessitura or other donor database.
- Strong attention to detail, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to work well with diverse personalities across position levels and departments.
- Proven experience taking complex, multi-layered projects from start to finish.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Interest in jazz and jazz related music.
Bachelor's degree and two to four years of direct experience within a nonprofit development department.
The work schedule varies from customary office hours to unpredictable hours, with the potential for long hours during critical periods and special events. This job occasionally requires work during evenings and weekends.
The salary will be based upon professional and academic experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to the email address: jobs [at] sfjazz [dot] org. Mention “Donor Services Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without salary requirements will not be considered. Resumes will be accepted until the position filled.