Arts Jobs - DetailPrograms and Administration Associate
American Youth Symphony
Los Angeles, CA
AYS currently seeks a highly organized and motivated individual for the Programs & Administrative Associate position, which is foundational to the success of a busy and diverse administrative office as we expand our Share-A-Stand music education program. This position reports directly to the Executive Director, as well as the Directors on staff, and primarily encompasses responsibilities in two areas – AYS’ Share-A-Stand program and general administration as follows:
- Coordinate the AYS’ Share-A-Stand program, including oversight of communications with and management of AYS musicians who receive paid stipends to mentor and teach music students attending public schools in underserved communities; communication and scheduling with schools, teachers, and parents/guardians; high quality program implementation with adherence to best practices in evaluation and implementation; arranging transportation to/from concerts, management of program performance and culminating concerts; and program evaluation.
- Support the Development Manager in preparation of grants for the program, plus all required reporting to funders.
- Research potential foundations and corporate sponsors for new support and expansion of the program.
- Provide projected expenses for the program during the end-of-season budgeting process.
- Answer the phones, check and update voicemail.
- Assist audience members’ and patrons’ pre-concert reservations and needed via phones and emails
- Process online and telephone ticket orders before each concert, and assist Director of Community Engagement with general concert preparation, as well as front-of-house donor preparations as needed.
- Support all concerts (front-of-house) and fundraising events as needed, as well as any cultivation events to be scheduled.
- Paton Manager data entry: Provide timely and accurate gift entry and record maintenance, plus run various reports as needed.
- Manage the fulfillment of donor recognition such as acknowledgement letters, thank you phone calls, and tribute gifts.
- Fulfill campaign mailings, as well as invitations to concerts and cultivation/ stewardship events.
- Coordinate the dissemination of all pertinent event information (directions, parking, etc.) to participants.
- Prepare Board folders for Board meetings and take the meeting minutes when requested.
- Work with the Executive Director and AYS’ CPA on all general Quickbooks (online) data entry and bookkeeping, including recording of all revenue, bills payable, credit card transactions, vendor payments, and monthly reconciliation with the CPA. Includes supporting the Development Manager in preparation of Quickbooks reports for institutional proposals and reporting, and preparation of quarterly financial reports for the Executive Director and the Finance Committee in advance of the Board of Directors meetings.
- Pay monthly vendor bills related to the operations of AYS, as well as managing all vendor/ bookkeeping files.
- Coordinate with AYS’ independent auditors as directed, which includes verification and delivery of year-end reporting requirements for all tax agencies, including 1099s, IRS 990 form and other filings as required by regulators.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
Skills & Abilities (Required technical/functional skills):
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Quickbooks non-profits and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of donor database systems with an aptitude for learning new donation software quickly (Patron Manager a plus)
- Highly organized with great written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing with excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people
- Detail oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Proficient with Mac computers.
Flexible schedule and ability to attend AYS-related concerts and events on evenings and weekends is necessary. Salary is $42,000 annual, exempt, and incudes vision/dental/medical insurance, and IRA (after first year with AYS). AYS offers a robust PTO and vacation package.
To apply for this position, please submit the following items:
- Cover letter
Please submit your application electronically with the email SUBJECT line reading: PROGRAMS AND ADMINSTRATIVE ASSOCIATE
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please direct all submissions to:
Varina Bleil, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org