Arts Jobs - DetailWork of Art Program Associate
Los Angeles, CA
Inner-City Arts is seeking an experienced, energetic, and committed program associate to support the activities of WORK OF ART, a college and career exploration program, whose main purpose is to provide underserved teens with the skills, training, and real-world experience necessary to prepare them for life beyond high school. Candidates are sought who are committed to assisting teens in developing identity and self-expression through the arts and who have a commitment to social justice through creative youth development. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in ensuring equal access to higher education, the development of student understanding of careers and career paths within the “creative economy,” and providing support for student self-efficacy.
- Assist with planning and provide support for Work of Art events such as orientation, recruitment for the program, and our annual Creative Career Fair
- Communicate with students and parents via email, text, Facebook, Instagram and phone calls for all Work of Art activities
- Document all events – photos, post experience surveys and track student attendance at all Work of Art events; catalogue materials from all events;
- Supervise student field trips and workshops
- Identify and research pre-college education opportunities and programs for students
- Attend events in the community, representing Inner-City Arts and the Work of Art program
- Participate in staff training, planning and orientation meetings
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- BA, or BFA degree in education, the arts, child and youth development or related field
- 2 years minimum experience in administration, supervision of staff and/or support of youth programs
- Knowledge and/or experience in current educational practices and learner-centered education
- Previous involvement with educationally at-risk, culturally diverse high school youth populations
- Commitment to student success in higher and continuing education and entering the workforce
- Ability to provide a safe, supportive and non-judgmental space for students to identify and explore their career interests and aptitudes
- Must be a team player, exhibit patience and sensitivity and enjoy working directly with youth
- Bilingual in English/Spanish desired
LOCATION: Inner‑City Arts is located in downtown Los Angeles 720 Kohler Street, Los Angeles, CA 90021
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-Time, specific hours to be determined, include weekends and some evenings
SALARY: Commensurate with education and experience.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, Subject: Work of Art Program Associate, email@example.com. No calls please.
Application Deadline: July 30, 2017