Arts Jobs - DetailMusic Education Internship Fall 2017
New West Symphony
Thousand Oaks, CA
This is an excellent learning opportunity for a student aspiring to work in music education. As a member of our small entrepreneurial team you will be exposed to the high-paced and exciting behind-the-scenes business side of one of the leading performing arts organizations in Southern California.
- Assist in developing music education materials for the Music Van, VIP Family Club and CONNECT! Club.
- Assist with educational sessions for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade classroom teachers using the Carnegie Hall Link-Up Program – The Orchestra Rocks.
- Assist staff with a variety of administrative tasks and special projects.
- Flexibility to work on special projects aligned with your internship class requirements and your personal growth interests.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and entrepreneurially with a small organization
- Interest in the arts, music, fundraising and philanthropy a plus
- Strong communication skills
- Take direction and feedback well
- Ability to read music and play the recorder
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of MS Office programs (including Publisher), Google Calendar, and CRM software.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor's program, master’s degree program or teacher credential program.
This is an unpaid internship. You must be enrolled in an internship course through your college or university to receive academic credit for the internship. Please consult your school policy on internship eligibility.
About the Organization:
Founded in 1995, the New West Symphony is a professional orchestra that draws its players from the rich talent pool of professional Los Angeles-area musicians. The Symphony is the resident company of the Oxnard Performing Arts Center and the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza. It also provides quality outreach and educational opportunities for the communities it serves through its annual Symphonic Adventures concert programs for youth, its traveling Music Van, VIP Family Club, CONNECT! Club and its partnership with Harmony Project Ventura. New West Symphony is a non-profit organization. For more information please visit www.newwestsymphony.org.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to Emma Pell. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Contact:Emma Pell, Manager of Communcations and Patron Relations