Arts Jobs - DetailProduction Assistant Internship Fall 2017
New West Symphony
Thousand Oaks, CA
We are searching for a student intern to add to our New West Symphony team to assist the general manager and artistic department in planning and execution of concert production activities and other projects, as assigned, including office tasks. This is an excellent learning opportunity for a student aspiring to work in an arts and cultural institution, the music industry, and more.
- Provide administrative/clerical support to the General Manager, Executive Director and Music Director
- Provide general office support including drafting correspondence, assisting with prioritization and follow-up of voicemails and e-mails, arranging meetings, invoice processing, and more.
- Communicate directly with team members to coordinate follow-up on assigned action items
- Assist staff with concert preparation and provide occasional backstage assistance during rehearsals and select performances.
- Provide logistical and transportation assistance during concert weeks, as needed.
- Flexible and well organized
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and entrepreneurially with a small organization
- Strong communication skills
- Take direction and feedback well
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of film and photo editing software as well as basic MS Office programs, Google Calendar, and CRM software.
Currently enrolled in a bachelor's or master’s degree program.
This is an unpaid internship. Please consult your school policy on internship eligibility and academic credit.
About the Organization:
Founded in 1995, the New West Symphony is a professional orchestra that draws its players from the rich talent pool of professional Los Angeles-area musicians. The Symphony is the resident company of the Oxnard Performing Arts Center, the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza, and Barnum Hall in Santa Monica. It also provides quality outreach and educational opportunities for the communities it serves through its annual Symphonic Adventures concert programs for youth, its traveling Music Van, and its new partnership with Harmony Project Ventura, a year-round music program for underserved students. New West Symphony is a non-profit organization. For more information please visit www.newwestsymphony.org.
To apply for this position, please submit resume and cover letter to Emma Pell. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Contact:Emma Pell, Manager of Communications and Patron Relations