Arts Jobs - DetailDevelopment Coordinator
The Development Officer will work with the Director and the Board of Directors to develop, implement, and support a long-term program of fundraising. The Development Officer will work under the guidance of the Pence Director, and is an at-will employee.
The specific duties of the Pence Development Officer will be to:
- Assist the Director and the Board in designing a program of fundraising which includes planned and legacy giving.
- Write grants to obtain funding for the Pence and its programs.
- Assist with annual membership drive and special offers to increase membership.
- Research and develop a database of current and future donors.
- Increase participation of key sponsors for events and exhibit sponsorship.
- Develop and promote the facility rental program.
- Assist the Director and Board in developing new relationships with fund raising potential among businesses and individuals in the community.
- Manage the organization’s efforts during the annual Big Day of Giving.
- Develop donor events and incentives to recognize and encourage donations.
The applicant should have a Bachelor’s Degree, and a minimum of two years of relevant work experience in development at a nonprofit organization. Knowledge of fundraising principles, ways to approach and recognize donors, and established norms for confidentiality are essential. Excellent writing skills and familiarity with software related to donor records and development are essential. Experience in developing budgets, writing reports and grants are also highly desirable. The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate effectively, and to manage multiple projects at once.
The position will be 15 hours per week at $18-20 per hour, depending upon experience, with no benefits. Schedule is two to three days/week during Monday to Friday (based on applicant’s schedule). Help at events and during Gallery open hours as needed. Some evening and weekend work required.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to Pence Gallery, 212 D Street, Davis CA 95616, or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please. The position is open until filled. Posted June 2017.
Address: 212 D Street, Davis 95616