Arts Jobs - DetailPart-time Grant Writer
Lux Art Institute
This is a part-time hourly position reporting to the Director and Institutional Advancement Officer. Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant-funded projects.
This is an exciting period of growth to join the Lux team as we strategically plan for Lux’s 11th Anniversary Season. If you think you are the right candidate please submit your cover letter, resume, three writing samples and references to email@example.com subject line ‘P/T Grant Writer’.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources
- Perform prospect research on foundation and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by corporate/foundation donors
- Understanding of institutional history and programs
- Make appointment for Director and Institutional Advancement Officer with foundation officers and other prospects, arrange for onsite tours for supporters (foundation officers, foundation trustees)
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting
- Track statistics relevant to development and provide department with written materials necessary for donor stewardship (visitor numbers and diversity, education program attendance, etc.)
- Work with Institutional Advancement Officer to provide development input for all written institutional materials (including Annual Report, Lux Newsletter)
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Strong editing skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Minimum of two years experience with grant writing
- BA in Art History or related field a plus
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
Please email your resume, cover letter, three writing samples and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line 'P/T Grant Writer'. No calls please.
- See more at: https://www.luxartinstitute.org/about/#employment