Arts Jobs - DetailEducation Coordinator
Lux Art Institute
Lux Art Institute, a non-profit visual art organization in Encinitas, has an immediate opening for an Education Coordinator to provide critical support in bringing the organization to the next level. The successful candidate will have 2-4 years experience in program coordination and a degree in art or background in teaching. The right candidate is motivated by every opportunity to inspire creativity and build interesting and engaging programs in line with Lux's mission.
This is a full-time position that requires a great and outgoing attitude and a strong work ethic. Flexible work schedule including some weekends and evenings will be required.
This is an exciting period of growth to join Lux Art Institute as we strategically plan for Lux’s 11th Anniversary Season. If you think you are the right candidate please submit your cover letter, resume, salary history and references to firstname.lastname@example.org subject line ‘Education Coordinator.’
This is a full-time non-exempt position offering health benefits and paid time off. Pay is commensurate with experience.
We look forward to meeting you!
- Assist in developing curriculum and art projects for all onsite education programs
- Act as lead teacher for Summer Art Camp; coordinate Summer Art Camp art show
- Lead Kids-in-Residence and other after school programs as necessary
- Lead Valise Project lessons as necessary
EDUCATION DEPT. COORDINATION
- Process inquiries, scheduling, payment, and registration for all education programs
- Take the lead on organization and maintenance of education spaces
- Oversee art supply inventory, organization, purchasing and donations
- Oversee and implement technologies that develop visitor engagement and audience participation, including iPad applications, Lux Kids blogging and social media
- Manage volunteer program recruitment, hiring training, retention, and evaluation
- Supervise and/or support onsite classes and programs (Luxcursions, tours, Kids-in-Residence, Art Out Loud, Family Day, Summer Art Camp, Studio Series) as assigned
- Field education related inquiries
- Work cross- departmentally to promote and sell Lux programs
- Bachelor’s Degree with degree in art preferred
- Creative and service-oriented; Experience in growing program loyalty
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills a must
- Ability to write appropriate, concise and effective correspondence with constituents
- Strong Knowledge of Social Media and Web Technologies
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Deep interest in contemporary visual art
- Strong documentation, organizational and collaboration skills
- Working knowledge of nonlinear editing, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator a plus
- Knowledge of arts & culture in San Diego is recommended
- Must have sense of humor
Please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. No calls please.
- See more at: https://www.luxartinstitute.org/about/#employment