Arts Jobs - DetailMuseum Receptionist
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Museum Receptionist at the Hollywood Bowl Museum (part time)
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Greet visitors and professionally represent the organization at the reception desk of the Hollywood Bowl Museum. This position will be two days a week during the off season with the possibility of more shifts during the busy summer season.
- Answer main telephones lines and direct callers.
- Greet guests and announce visitors.
- Open and redirect general mail.
- Sign for daily deposit, packages, and direct messengers.
- Maintain the cleanliness and integrity of the museum and its exhibits.
- Be knowledgeable about current exhibits and Hollywood Bowl history.
- Process small cash transactions, and keep an accurate record of cash on-hand.
- Maintain and stock brochures in the lobby and ensure area is neat and welcoming.
- Maintain museum staff comp tickets during the respective seasons.
- Communicate with Operations and Museum Assistant about all building issues.
- Work with Museum Assistant to maintain quality of museum.
- Work with Docents to represent the museum and organization.
- Minimum 2 years administrative support experience in a fast-paced professional environment.
- Excellent phone manner and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and initiative.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrable ability to represent the Association in a professional manner both on the phone and in person.
- Good computer literacy and proficiency (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and Internet based research, etc.).
- Classical music and/ or museum background a plus.
- Must be able to correctly pronounce visiting artists, conductors and composers names.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful