Arts Jobs - DetailVisual Art Teaching Artist
Segerstrom Center for the Arts
Costa Mesa, Ca
Segerstrom Center for the Arts is currently accepting applications from experienced Visual Arts Teaching Artists.
We are hiring part time, independent contractors for visual arts curriculum development and classroom residency workshop instruction for Kinder through 3rd grade classes in Orange County.
- Develop a sequential, grade level appropriate, standards-based curriculum in the visual arts
- Submit documentation of teaching practice, including curriculum and lesson plans.
- Teach sequential visual arts lessons across multiple grade levels at assigned school sites
- Address the learning needs of diverse student populations
- Identify and plan cross curriculum connections in and across multiple subject areas with input from classroom teachers
- Represent Segerstrom Center for the Arts in a positive and professional manner and work collaboratively amongst multiple school community stakeholders, including classroom teachers, parents, administration, and donors.
- Facilitate professional development sessions with general education classroom teachers
- Facilitate Family Art Nights at assigned school sites to promote the importance of arts education in the classroom.
- Teaching Artists routinely lift, push, pull or carry art supplies, equipment, instruments and classroom furniture weighing up to 40 lbs. Bend, twist, reach, stand and or sit for long periods of time
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS, REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience teaching visual arts techniques, during the school day, within in a public school setting is preferred. Experience with English Language Learners and students with special needs is also preferred.
- BA degree in arts, education, community arts or relevant field of study. MA or MFA preferred
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise in a visual arts discipline
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of or a familiarity with the California framework for the Visual and Performing Arts and National Core Arts Standards
- Ability to work collaboratively in a school environment and with various school community constituents
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following email subject lines:
TEACHING ARTIST–VISUAL ARTIST