Arts Jobs - DetailProject/Administrative III
The J. Paul Getty Trust
Los Angeles, CA
Responsible for providing a variety of administrative duties and project management for the head of the Publications department.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Organizes and expedites flow of work through the Publisher’s office and/or administrative department. Serves as a resource to others on organizational and departmental policies and procedures or in the resolution of moderate to complex problems or issues.
- Schedules regular meetings for Publisher with program directors and other staff; prepares and circulates materials for meetings.
- Composes and produces a variety of business correspondence, reports, confidential documents and/or forms, and related materials or guides the work of other staff that produces these materials. Includes correspondence involving high-level officials inside and outside the organization.
- Maintains calendars for supervisor and managers as needed, and accepts or declines commitments on his/her behalf.
- Makes travel arrangements for supervisor, managers, and other staff as needed.
- Processes expense reports for supervisor, managers, and other staff as needed.
- Coordinates department functions, as assigned, including departmental meetings and special events. Arranges with vendors for sites, facilities, catering, etc.
- Assists in administration of contracts. May draft agreements with partners, vendors and outside institutions including letters of agreement, contracts, and letters of invitation.
- Submits and tracks requisitions and purchase orders.
- Monitors budgets, prepares and submits reports.
- Researches and gathers data for department/program reports. Conducts preliminary analysis of data. Recommends report content and format to display findings most effectively.
- Assists in preparation of budget materials. Tracks and monitors budget expenditures and reports on variances. Provides projections, as requested.
- Responds to inquiries or requests for information or refers to supervisor, as appropriate.
- Provides guidance and direction to staff and/or external consultants.
- May oversee a variety of administrative, technological and/or infrastructure projects.
- High school diploma/GED; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 3-4 years related experience