Arts Jobs - DetailHollywood Bowl Sales Association (Part-Time)
Los Angeles Philharmonic Association
Los Angeles, CA
The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is currently seeking a:
Sales Associate (Part-Time) at the Hollywood Bowl
Founded in 1919, the Los Angeles Philharmonic Association's mission is to perform, present, and promote music in its varied forms at the highest level of excellence to a diverse and large audience, both at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl. The Los Angeles Philharmonic Association is dedicated to continuing its pre-eminent status in the music world of the 21st century.
Provide excellent customer service and assist with the day-to-day operations of the Hollywood Bowl Stores.
- Customer Service – Create a welcoming, professional and friendly store experience. Provide personal shopping services, use suggestive sales techniques. Be knowledgeable about all products especially music-related and artist-made goods.
- Information - Be knowledgeable about all Los Angeles Philharmonic and Hollywood Bowl performances, education programs, activities and leased events in order to be able to discuss them with guests. Distribute information.
- Concierge – Be knowledgeable about and make recommendations for local music and/or art happenings, restaurants and cultural attractions. Be able to provide directions and recommendations.
- Store operations – Follow open/close procedures, point of sale operations, cash handling, gift card sales, returns, respond to and direct phone calls.
- Visual Merchandising – Restock shelves, straighten merchandise, ensure displays are clean, keep back stock organized and in its proper location, update visual displays.
- Inventory Control - Check in and label received merchandise, ensure items are priced correctly. Complete paperwork, notify managers of shipment discrepancies, transfer merchandise to proper location.
- Signings and Special Events – Assist with event operations including equipment set up/tear down, sales and post event reconciliation.
- Other as business needs dictate.
- Must have knowledge of classical music and be acquainted with jazz, pop and world music genres
- Previous retail sales experience with POS registers required.
- Retail experience selling music, art, accessories, and gifts a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills with ability to work in an intense busy atmosphere
- Flexible schedule required for day, evening and weekend shifts. Ability to work nights and weekend shifts
- Ability to bend, stand and walk (including stairs and hilly terrain) for up to the entire shift and the ability to work outside
- Ability to lift and carry up to 35 lbs.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required with some college preferred and two years of retail experience
How to apply:
Complete the online application by clicking here.
- Complete the application with all pertinent information.
- At the end of the application, a confirmation page will appear when your submission has been successful